Author Topic: Liscoe/Lisco Family  (Read 11765 times)

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Liscoe/Lisco Family
« on: Wednesday 06 July 05 22:04 BST (UK) »
Looking for descendents of Joseph & Mary liscoe (b 1765 & 1769) in Castletown.Married 1790. Any help
 thanks
                                 Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Liscoe/Lisco Family
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 February 06 05:19 GMT (UK) »
Looking for descendents of Joseph & Mary liscoe (b 1765 & 1769) in Castletown.Married 1790. Any help
 thanks
                                 Tazzie

Hello Tazzie,

I have posted a reply at this address http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,102749.msg570268.html#msg570268 Link corrected
All the Best, Christopher

Offline ashe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 February 07 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tazzie

My ggg grandmother was Elizabeth Liscoe, who I believe was possibly a daughter of Joseph and Mary (Wilson) Liscoe, County Meath. Would love to exchange details.

Ashe
Tipperary:  Mahar, Haley/Healy
Co Cavan:  Morgan, Glancy/Clancy
Co Meath:  Burns, Liscoe
Co Clare:   Fitzmaurice, Considine, Duggan
Mauritius:  Furlong, Jumo, Berton
Australia:   Latimer, Coringo

Offline ashe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 21 February 07 13:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tazzie

My ggg grandmother was Elizabeth Liscoe, who I believe was possibly a daughter of Joseph and Mary (Wilson) Liscoe, County Meath. Would love to exchange details.

Ashe

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 February 07 13:38 GMT (UK) »

Hi Ashe.....

I know the name is rare and not many have Liscoe in their tree. So I am collecting everything I can about the family name as well as my own tree.
 The furthest back for definate at the moment is Richard Samuel Liscoe who was born in Kent (Sydenham/Beckenham ) To parents George & Mary. I take these to be George Welsted Liscoe and Mary Bargrove. Other children inc William 1815/ Mary 1816/ George Thomas1819/ John Bargrove1821/ Charles1824 & Harriet 1826.

From IGI I listed all Liscoe/Lisco spellings whilst trying to track down the William Liscoe b @1824 who can be seen in the US census records. He states born England on some and Ireland on the others. His family go on to found Lisco in Nebraska. I have everything on the family going forwards and have spoken to a guy in America who handles the Lisco family site and he has the American details.
  I was trying to get the link between the families in the UK and those in Ireland. Meath does seem to be the main spot for them.

Any ideas on the link?

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge

Offline ashe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 22 February 07 05:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tazzie

Perusing your details the only link that I can come up with is maybe the William born 1824, is a cousin of my gg grandmother Jane born 1829. Jane's parents were Huston & Elizabeth (Liscoe) Burns. Both of them were born Castletown, C Meath, and were married there. There was also a son named William (confirmed) who was a Reverend at Wexford - one of Jane's brothers.

I have Joseph and Mary as Elizabeth's parents (not confirmed), however everything points that way, and am determining confirmation and searching for siblings at the moment.

Jane married in Bailieborough C Cavan, and then emigrated soon after to Australia.

Regards
Ashe

Offline Bruno the labrador

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 06 July 07 19:50 BST (UK) »
Hi: My great-great-great grandmother was Bessie Liscoe of Mentrim House, Co Meath. She married John McCabe, a labourer and a Catholic, and so was disinherited and disowned. She had, I think, 5 or more children the names I know are: Michael (my G-g-grandfather, Edward, Bridget, James and Ellen.
She had two brothers, Anthony (1831-1915), unmarried,  and Joseph (1853-c.1912) who has two mentions of marriage; either he was married twice, or there is a mistake; to Jane Shekleton, and to Mary Jane Sillery, who is mentioned as the mother of Robert Young Liscoe. In his will, which I have seen, Anthony bequeathed Mentrim House to his 'nephew' Robert Young Liscoe, of Columbus Platt County, Nebraska. He then sold it back to another member of the family.
Mentrim is now demolished, apart from one or two farm buildings.
Bessie Liscoe was a remarkable and courageous woman: having been cut off from the Liscoes, she bore the above children to John McCabe (at their wedding they had to use the door key as a ring as they couldn't afford a real one), and was widowed young. Her own family refused help, and she built a house literally with her own hands, at Kilbeg, Co Meath, a neighbour thatched it for her, and there she brought up her family. Three children emigrated to the US; Edward and Bridget to Fort Collins, Colorado, and Ellen to somewhere else. Edward's daughter married and moved to Kansas City (no married name known). James emigrated to Liverpool, England.

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 06 July 07 21:04 BST (UK) »

Hello Bruno...

Welcome to Roots chat..

So another Irish connection here then. I am still fighting to get up to London which is not easy with school age children around so I can check out LMA for early records. My earliest is Samuel Liscoe who was the wharfinger at Hays wharf in London his son George married Mary Bargrove(my 4x great grandparents) his son Richard Samuel / his son George Richard/ his son Richard Samuel/ my grandad Also Richard Samuel and dad and me.
 There has to be a connection but so far it has eluded me and Ashe as well. I see Ahse has posted on a couple of Irish sites and I have a whole load of info about the Liscoe/Lisco families that went to America via Canada ie William Lisco and his wife Martha Shiels and have followed their progress across America to Lisco Nebraska. I need to connect the early couples in London...

Thomas & Ann
     William & Mary
     John & Ann
     Samuel & Mary.  If I can find details on the marriages of any of these I may have some luck and there may be a notation in the details that will give us a clue. Samuel is as far as I can go for now . He can be found mentioned on some of the old bailey site as having variuos things stolen from him at the wharf. I am hoping to see a letter written by him to the Royal Society of Arts in London in 1802 when he applied for the post of register. So I hope to be able to escape in the holidays for a day. If I do I will be able to let you know if any success.

Will be in touch..

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge

Offline cjrc

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 28 April 19 03:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Tazzie, I have just seen this post. My great-grandmother was Catherine Liscoe (Kate) who married Walter Rountree in 1840. She came from Yellowleas, Meath. I believe that Joseph Liscoe in the Griffith's Valuation must have been either her brother or father. I have no details on who her parents were, although Ancestry gives me hints to Araminta Sophie Sillery being the mother as she appears to have married someone Liscoe. I have found the Sillery family in Mentrim, Meath. Joseph and Araminta continue to be used by Walter & Kate's descendants.