Author Topic: Llewelin's from around landeilofawr  (Read 5936 times)

Offline madyliz

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Llewelin's from around landeilofawr
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 05 May 15 10:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Eurig

Thank you so much for the information, fascinating when you hear family details.

This though seems to throw up more questions than answers for me, you  have William and Magdalen as Evans parents so I think he is not the same Evan that I have in my tree as David John Llewelin and Elizabeth are my Evans parents.

However the information about Bryn Llwyn yr Haf seems to be the same as that I have, so I think it is highly likely that the families are somehow related.

I wonder if you know whether William may be related to my David John and his siblings as above? or going back further are williams parents John Llewelin and possibly a Mary.

I still have a lot of checking to do  with sources but all the info I have received so far has been invaluable so thank you everyone

Liz  :)
Hoffman
Davison
Saville
Hussey
Jones
Humphreys/ies
Bowen

Offline carlo

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 27 November 18 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
John James(1742) Wife Anne David lived at Llwyn Yr Haf farm and had six children. Elizabeth, Mary, John, Jeremiah, William and Rebecca. William James never married but had a daughter, Ann James. who married John Llewellyn. both were born in 1818. They had two children, William Llewellyn (1852)  and David Llewellyn (1854). William had a son, William James Llewellyn.

I have the wills of John James Llwynyrhaf,and his sons, Jeremiah and William. John's will is witnessed by Rees Lewelyn, and John Llewellyn is an heir in Williams Will. If this is your Family Please let me Know
Regards      John Griffiths.

Offline madyliz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi John
thanks for taking an interest in my post
I found it interesting to note your  family info I haven't looked at this stem of the family for some time as I am not convinced that they are part of my tree.Reading your info I think more and more that they are not. I will look at it again over the next few weeks and get back to you if I find a connection. thanks again for your interest and time.
regards
Liz
Hoffman
Davison
Saville
Hussey
Jones
Humphreys/ies
Bowen

Offline yrunbach

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 06 September 21 14:48 BST (UK) »
I understand the thread is a few years old but does anyone have any more information on David John Llewellin (my 5 times Great Grandfather).  I believe his daughter Gwenllian Jeremiah (who is buried with her husband and parents att Hen Fethel) lived in Pantycoedcae farm and this farms was very close to other Llewellyn farms (Nantycreigle and Gelli Fawnen i think). 

Also does anyone have some additional info on Bryn Llwyn Yr Haf (Cwmberach Isaf) as another ancestor 4th Great Grandparents (Richard and Anne James (Lake) were on the property on the 1841 Census.