Author Topic: Dr.Gilson/Guilson Morgan CT  (Read 2594 times)

Offline dolo_1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dr.Gilson/Guilson Morgan CT
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 August 16 01:25 BST (UK) »
I have been able to trace back to 1824 when my 3x Great grandfather was a Town Clerk for the newly formed town of Little Valley, NY.  I need help locating his birth family.  Guilson was born in 1797 or '98 in Connecticut.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline dolo_1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 August 16 01:35 BST (UK) »
Yes Lisa, that is somewhat of what I have found for Guilson in Little Valley, NY.  Still trying to get back to Connecticut where he was born.  He had six children with Fidelia Barrow.  The youngest last born was named Simeon Alpheus.  There is an Alpheus Morgan under Revolutionary War, pensions.  Not a direct decendent of Guilson, but maybe a brother....Uncle....?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline dolo_1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 04 September 16 09:10 BST (UK) »
Lorri or Lisa:  Have any of you been able to place Guilson prior to 1824 when he was a Town Clerk in Little Valley NY?
I have a copy of Guilson and Fidelia's homestead papers, and I have visited Guilson's grave site on the old homestead and found Fidelia's grave site, Whew that was kinda hard to find.

I don't know what to do from here.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hello Lorri Stute,

I can see that you have been online recently but may have missed these new reples by dolo.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk