Author Topic: Oops, we've hit a snag. Sorry you're having trouble with the ancestry image.  (Read 22367 times)

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: Oops, we've hit a snag. Sorry you're having trouble with the image.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 09:18 BST (UK) »
I've been experiencing it on the basic viewer as well. Intermittently, but annoying just the same. Not a good advertisement to get me to sign on past my 14 day trial.  ;)
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 09:59 BST (UK) »
I've been getting this problem for ages but I have to smile the way they very nicely say that "you're having trouble" rather than "We're having trouble".

Talk about passing the buck  ;D

BTW - how do you select the Basic Viewer to be the default? I keep having to select Basic Viewer manually after it's had it's little problem with the display.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online sugarbakers

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 12 Church St, MENT - the family sugarhouse, 1805
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 11:03 BST (UK) »
how do you select the Basic Viewer to be the default?

When you have an image on screen, go to Tools (top right next to Save). Select 'Use the basic viewer', then deselect 'Use enhanced images'.
Almeroth, Germany (probably Hessen). Mawer, Softley, Johnson, Lancaster, Tatum, Bucknall (E.Yorks, Nfk, Lincs)

Sugar Refiners & Sugarbakers ... www.mawer.clara.net ...
50,000+ database entries, 270+ fatalities, 210+ fires, history, maps, directory, sales, blog, book, 500+ wills, etc.

WDYTYA magazine July 2017

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Oops, we've hit a snag. Sorry you're having trouble with the ancestry image.
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 12:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks sugarbakers - I'll try that again

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Oops, we've hit a snag. Sorry you're having trouble with the ancestry image.
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 12:25 BST (UK) »
Phew, thank goodness - I thought this was just me, and my laptop graphics card  getting old or failing!

It's really, really annoying; some days it's fine but more often it's every time, every image. 

Any one else seem to think it 'snags' and blurs just THAT one particular block of the image that contains the info you're after??  It's like Ancestry/it knows what my eyes are trying to zero in on!   ;D  8) :o

cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 12:46 BST (UK) »
Definitely Ambly, and even more so when I try to zoom in.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Online sugarbakers

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 12 Church St, MENT - the family sugarhouse, 1805
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 13:36 BST (UK) »
... it 'snags' and blurs just THAT one particular block of the image ...

It would appear that the enhanced images load as a series of images or blocks whereas the basic viewer loads just a single complete image, so less to load and (I find) fewer problems.
Almeroth, Germany (probably Hessen). Mawer, Softley, Johnson, Lancaster, Tatum, Bucknall (E.Yorks, Nfk, Lincs)

Sugar Refiners & Sugarbakers ... www.mawer.clara.net ...
50,000+ database entries, 270+ fatalities, 210+ fires, history, maps, directory, sales, blog, book, 500+ wills, etc.

WDYTYA magazine July 2017

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 16:17 BST (UK) »
I'd had the same problem with the "blurry bit" always seeming to be the bit I wanted. However, the last few days I seem to keep getting stuck, and getting messages that my provider cannot connect to the website, partway through, and that it's looking for a solution..... really annoying. And I'm sure it's all slowing down ..... or is it me?
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 16:25 BST (UK) »
I've had the same as well.