Author Topic: Elizabeth Wainman  (Read 3664 times)

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Wainman
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 03 May 15 14:14 BST (UK) »
Hi

On the marriage record of Elizabeth and John Swinden it does state they were both of the parish of THRIBER (  Thrybergh, Rotherham ) which is about 20 miles away from Silkstone.

The marriage was also by licence, maybe that would hold some clues.

claire

The marriage is between John Swindin and Elizabeth Wainman.  Allegation has survived, and the transcription states that John is 22, whilst Elizabeth is 23.  I would hazard a guess, based on the Allegations I have received, that an occupation for John would appear on the original.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline GenesA

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Wainman
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 21 July 20 09:34 BST (UK) »
After a lot of further research, I’m happy to say I’ve made a little more progress on Elizabeth Wainman and her family.

Her father was Joseph Wainman of Silkstone who married Martha Twybell on 16 June 1726 at Ecclesfield. Martha was of the Twybell family of Southey Hall.

Joseph was an Exise Officer and he had a further four children with Martha, baptised at various places including Rotherham, Wath upon Dearne and Ecclesfield. Joseph died in 1742 and was buried at Ecclesfield as “Mr Wainman”.

I still don’t know who his parents were as I’ve not had time to look into further generations yet. But I’m happy so far  ;D