Author Topic: Probert/Pritchard of Glascwm, Colva, Gladestry etc  (Read 9728 times)

Offline Angie Probert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Probert/Pritchard of Glascwm, Colva, Gladestry etc
« on: Thursday 07 July 05 20:21 BST (UK) »
Is anyone working on the Probert or Pritchard surname from Glascwm, Aberedw, Colva, Gladestry areas? I have traced some of my family back to the 1600s but still have lots of work to do on them in particular putting in detail on their lives etc.
Anyone got wither of these name sin their trees - happy to swop what info I have etc
Happy hunting
Angie :)

Offline William Cook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Probert/Pritchard of Glascwm, Colva, Gladestry etc
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 August 05 18:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Angie

I have an Elizabeth Probert living in Hay with my great-grandfather when he was 16 with his mother Sarah and brother Edward (all COOK by the way) her age is shown as 94 and currently I have no idea where she is from - could she be one of yours by any chance? I have no idea if she is related in anyway - cant think why she would be living with them if she wasnt. Would be interested in hearing from you.

All the best

Bill Cook
Cook, Alrdred, Aston, Ellard, Bennett, Spiller, Buckingham, Stephens, Mole, (possibly Probert), Kenifick
Sandy Beds, Cheshunt Herts, City of London, Maidstone, Nottingham, Hay Breconshire, Radnorshire, Presteigne

Offline William Cook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 August 05 18:27 BST (UK) »
oops! neglected to let you know the year of this info - 1841 as far as I am aware
Cook, Alrdred, Aston, Ellard, Bennett, Spiller, Buckingham, Stephens, Mole, (possibly Probert), Kenifick
Sandy Beds, Cheshunt Herts, City of London, Maidstone, Nottingham, Hay Breconshire, Radnorshire, Presteigne

Offline Angie Probert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 21:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bill
Thanks for the info - I will check to see . Sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you!
Happy hunting
Angie

Offline Angie Probert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi again
 I have an Elizabeth born 1766 - dau of Thomas Probert and Elizabeth Gwynne. The Gwynne and Proberts both had large families around the Hay/Glasbury areas so perhaps she was related. I haven't got any further info on her though.
Happy hunting
Angie

Offline JohnV

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 11 January 06 03:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello Angie

I have an Esther Pritchard in my family tree, but what little I know has only come from census returns and IGI. Esther was born about 1799 in Colva and died May 28, 1880. She married John Price on Oct 5, 1820 and they lived on Gwernilla farm, Colva. She may have had a brother William Pritchard born about 1803 in Colva (visitor on census return).

Any links to your Pritchards?

Offline Paparico

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 03 April 15 20:11 BST (UK) »
John Greenway married Elizabeth Price 17.XII.1814 in Llanbadarn-y-Garreg 17.XII.1814, with consent of parents (John illiterate, Elizabeth very neat handwriting). The witnesses were William Probert and Ann Jones, who must have been adults.  St. Padarn's also show Ann Jones marrying William Robert (Probert?) on 12.XII.1814.  There is also a record of William Probert marrying Ann Price 18.VII.1771 Llanyre, and children born at L-y-G.  As I recall, there was also a Probert (name spelt differently) who married into the Greenways at Bryngwyn, but most of that tree disappeared from ancestry.com   The Greenways were farmers, but the John who married Elizabeth was a tailor, although I could find no record of an apprenticeship.  It would be of great interest to know if William Probert was a tailor!  Hope this helps!
Aloha!

Rico

Offline Angie Probert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 13 June 15 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hello,
Thanks for your information - sadly no tailors in my tree.
Happy hunting

Offline Angie Probert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 08 November 15 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Re Esther Pritchard
Yes we've got a link! I've got Ester and John = parents Thomas Pritchard and Elizabeth Kewis. If you'd like any more info please let me know
Thanks
Angie