Author Topic: Brassworks Keynsham - Mortimer's  (Read 2226 times)

Offline rumley

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Brassworks Keynsham - Mortimer's
« on: Sunday 03 May 15 15:57 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am interested in anyone with connections to the Mortimer family which worked at the Brassworks in Keynsham. Richard Mortimer, b. c.1795 Bristol - d. c.1880, (a distant relative of mine) managed the works from the 1850-60s. I've done quite a lot of research on the family and would be keen to share and compile more. Thanks Tom

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Brassworks Keynsham - Mortimer's
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 May 15 16:16 BST (UK) »
Have you looked in the 'Surname Interests' section - below, under Your Tools - to see who has Mortimers listed there?

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 May 15 16:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom,

Welcome to RootsChat

Just in case you haven't come across them already - there are a number of trees listed on ancestry for Richard Mortimer, although a couple appear to have the same owner.  Family tree 6 says they are a direct ancestor so could be a contact for you.
There seems to be a number of photographs on Flickr of the house Richard lived in etc., - apologises if you already know about these.

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline rumley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 03 May 15 16:46 BST (UK) »
Hi - Thanks for your posts.
Re: Chempat - I haven't but will. I've only just joined the site to reply to someone else's post.
Re: Sandra - the tree's on ancestry may well be mine but I'll recheck. As regards flickr I have come across those photo's before but thanks again for the posts.

Offline rumley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 03 May 15 17:16 BST (UK) »
Sandra,
Apologises I miss-read your first post, the Family 6 tree you mentioned, I have seen before but I'm afraid that the tree-owner is incorrect in regards to Richard Mortimer. That might sound pompous of me but they've confused a Richard Mortimer from Bradford with my distance relative who was born in Bristol and lived in Keynsham, the finer details don't match up. I've traced the Bristol/Somerset/Wiltshire Mortimers to about 1715. 
Besides that thanks very much for your post.

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 03 May 15 17:30 BST (UK) »
Such a shame when that happens - because people copy and the errors get worse the more times it is done.  Its often the subject of discussion on here and amazing when people are told they have the wrong info and are given the evidence they still refuse to alter what they have  ::)

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Sikes

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 25 August 18 20:43 BST (UK) »
I've traced the Bristol/Somerset/Wiltshire Mortimers to about 1715. 
Besides that thanks very much for your post.
Do yo have Mortimers from Bitton or Oldland Common? My wifes family were mainly hatters