Author Topic: Richards Burials at Breedon & Griffydam  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Timothy Richards

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Richards Burials at Breedon & Griffydam
« on: Saturday 09 May 15 15:30 BST (UK) »
I am currently trying to research my Richards ancestors who hailed from the Breedon/Griffydam/Worthington area. I am new to the site but recently saw a series of posts in March 1913, which involved a diddymiller who said that she had found a Breedon Tombstone Index which listed a host of Richards "with full details." One or two of these are my direct ancestors... Sarah Richards, died 1850, and Robert Richards, died 1810. I would be grateful for anyone who could provide me with the full details of the Richards in this index, or even the map of the location of the stones, which Diddmiller says she has. I am not very practiced at using this site so am not sure how to contact her directly. I live in Chile but will be returning to the UK next month and have put aside one or two days to visit this ancestral area.

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Richards Burials at Breedon & Griffydam
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 May 15 16:18 BST (UK) »
How to contact Dmiller directly, you could send a personal message (PM)
Following link explains

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=54967

Link to Dmillers profile on 2nd link

Hope this helps and Welcome to Rootschat

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 May 15 17:54 BST (UK) »
no need here I am!!

Happy to look up your Richards. list /map in Loughborough library. I will be in Tuesday afternoon.
watch this space!

Diddy  ;D
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline Timothy Richards

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 May 15 21:42 BST (UK) »
As you can see I am new to the site and appear to have put my post in the wrong place , although I have now also placed it under England Counties, Leicestershire. Thanks for the info, Conahy, on how to contact Diddy but she has already answered the post. And Diddy, I will most certainly be watching this space on Tuesday for your reply. Just as an afterthought, do you know if the parish registers of the church at Breedon have been transcribed and made available outside of the records office? Thanks for your help.

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 10 May 15 12:43 BST (UK) »
yes you can see a copy at Loughborough Library where I am going.:

http://www.leics.gov.uk/loughborough_library.htm

The Family History Area is open and available for family history research 7 days a week during normal library opening times.

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline Timothy Richards

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 10 May 15 16:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks Diddy, I suppose what I meant more is; are these records available on line? Unfortunately I will not have time to go to Loughborough, and so am extremely grateful for your help in obtaining the info on the Richards from the index and the map of the location of the stones. I will certainly be going to Griffydam and Swannington....and Limby Hall, where my Richards ancestors resided for a while.... which I understand is a block of back to back cottages, ironically named Limby Hall because it is thought that many of the residents came from Limby/Linby in Notts.
Tim

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 10 May 15 17:22 BST (UK) »
not burials but these are available whilst the website still functioning (see my other thread) Leics villages website:

http://www.leicestershirevillages.com/breedononthehill/availablechurchandburialrecords.html

Diddy

Offline Timothy Richards

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 10 May 15 17:57 BST (UK) »
Brilliant, have just downloaded them. I should have accessed RootsChat.com before. Once again I am indebted. Tim

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 12 May 15 14:48 BST (UK) »
Breedon on the Hill Tombstone book:

Richards entries plus map - I have taken a photo of 7 entries but too big to attach here so please PM me your email to receive. Do not put email address on here.

PM = click on icon of letter under my name /picture.

Diddy