Author Topic: Bunch Family  (Read 10246 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Bunch Family
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 04 September 16 12:17 BST (UK) »
Karen, go back to the specific post and use the 'report to moderator' to ask them to modify it for you? I'm sure they should have the ability to do so.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 04 September 16 16:57 BST (UK) »
Karen, you need to start at the beginning, or errors will be made.
Hopefully you have your own birth certificate, your fathers name , as you say Peter F Bunch.
His birth
Births Mar 1935
Bunch    Peter F
Mothers maiden name-- Crawford   
Brighton    2b   326
If you do not have his certificate you will need to send for it here is the easiest and cheapest.
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/default.asp
Once you know his parents names- for certain-you can move onwards.
As we have tried to say, there seems to be two groups of children here. One with MMS Crawford and the other MMS Sladden.
As KGarrard says were there 2 marriages with the same man and Harold E Bunch was also Edward Bunch. You may also need these certificates to see if his fathers details are the same.
Harold Edward Bunch died in Thanet,  the marriage to Lily was in Sussex, did he marry in Thanet a second time to Joyce and carry on living there until he died in 1985?
Lily did not die until 2005 at aged 90. So either there was a divorce or a bigamous second marriage?
Lots of questions but only the certificates will sort it all out, I am afraid. No one ever said this is a cheap hobby  :o
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Karen Lorraine

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 04 September 16 17:12 BST (UK) »
Thank you Larkspur - the answer is I really don't know!
I guess you find 'skeletons' when doing this kind of thing.

I will look into everything everyone has passed on to me.

Thank you all so much I am very grateful.

Karen

Offline Bunner

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 29 March 19 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen Lorraine, I have just seen your query on Roots. I too am a Bunch and believe it or not we are related.  I knew your Dad,  Derek? (we knew him as David) and Raymond? (we always knew him as Ronnie). Derek was well known in the Brighton Area, among many other things he was  Lifeboat man, a taxi driver and a musician who performed on a keyboard at various venues. I would like to have chat with you on email if you are interested. Incidentally I don't ever recall David emigrating at all but Ronnie emigrated to Canada. Regards Mike Bunch