Author Topic: st vigeans a photo if possible  (Read 33836 times)

Offline eeat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: st vigeans a photo if possible
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 05 June 10 12:07 BST (UK) »
WOW! a lot to take in for a novice like me! but so good to know there are people out there so willing to help, thanks very much! looks like i have a lot of what i thought was coming, coming!
i have joined the Auchmithie website and Kev has been in touch. looking forward to what is ahead and just lets see what happens!!
thanks again for your help Harry
eric

Offline eeat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 05 June 10 23:26 BST (UK) »
harry, i have just seen a photograph of the headstone erected in the memory of thomas Eaton and his 3 brother-in-laws which is erected in st vigeans church cemetery. i am guessing you have seen this photograph? it is on the auchmithie roots website?
Eric

Offline hdw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 05 June 10 23:46 BST (UK) »
Yes, I've seen the actual headstone, and I think I've also seen a photo of it on the forum. I said that the David Spink who drowned in 1814 was my 3 x great-grandfather, but I should have said 4 x. It was his son David who drowned in 1836 who was my 3 x great-grandfather.

Harry

Offline oz-E

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Monday 27 September 10 06:40 BST (UK) »
The aforementioned Thomas Eaton and David Spink who both drowned on June 13 1814 were BOTH my husbands 4 x G Grandfathers on his mothers side

Ellen

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Monday 27 September 10 09:53 BST (UK) »
There are some new pictures of St Vigeans at http://www.geograph.org.uk/gridref/NO6342
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.