Author Topic: George Forrest 1888 Scotland Emigrated 10 Dec 1921 St John New Brunswick  (Read 5343 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: George Forrest 1888 Scotland Emigrated 10 Dec 1921 St John New Brunswick
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 10 November 16 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Welcome to RootsChat

Hope you enjoy the site, there are loads of people to help if you need any research.

Sunshining the original poster has not been on line for 12 months but hopefully will receive a notification you are trying to make contact.

Perhaps they got the link to "A 19th Century Family Line by John Nicol", dated 1991 Calgary Alberta from the Family History  Library  ???

https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/498743?availability=Family%20History%20Library

All the best
Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 18 September 18 09:33 BST (UK) »
"I am a desendant of George Forrest (my grandfather) which to correct some of the posted information"

4043 , please press the blue "Reply" button to answer on this topic , not the "Report to Moderator" button.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline 4043

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 20 September 18 18:27 BST (UK) »
I wish to correct the information that has been posted in reference to my Grandfather George Forrest.  His arrival in Canada date is correct the ship is correct, but daughters names are not.  My mother was Jean born 1915, her sister Nancy born 1917 accompanied him, I was not aware of a stepmother Jane or Jean Muir who also was on board.  He did go to work on a farm in Saskatchewan for a John Gordon Ross in Morse. My mother schooled in Erin but left @ 16 to go to Toronto Ontario met her husband Allan Ken Watt had a daughter Elizabeth Ann born 1940 in Chaplin Sask. Her sister Nancy married George Pollock spelling not sure and stayed in the area.  George as he aged lived in Moose Jaw and had home care till his death in 1968. Over the years the sisters became estranged so very little known of his later years, though he did visit us in Ontario, and my brother visited him in Moose Jaw with his infant daughter on occasion. I have been trying to locate any brothers or sisters or cousins to obtain more of his life in Scotland.  I do recall a cousin to mom she visited in New York, they returned the visit in the 1950"s. the last name was Hutchison spelling again not sure.  I do have photos of grandpa to verify this information should this be an asset.  Hoping this has some followup to complete my ancestry.  Sincerely Ann Carter

Offline kall

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 20 September 18 20:09 BST (UK) »
The tribal pages are no longer updated but there is a Forrest Genealogy page on FB run by Dave Forrest...it’s very interesting and everyone on there has Forrest ancestors...me included

I am sure there is a member on there with Forrest family from Fowlis Wester
Forrest - Blantyre
McLellan - Dumfriesshire
McCracken - Dumfriesshire
Harkness - Dumfriesshire
Adamson - Dumfriesshire

Offline 4043

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 20 September 18 20:51 BST (UK) »