Author Topic: LEES, Alexander and McKECHNIE, Isabella, Stonehaven and Skateraw  (Read 5624 times)

Offline cjm67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: LEES, Alexander and McKECHNIE, Isabella, Stonehaven and Skateraw
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 November 19 15:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello there Lynn

I have just come across your post regarding Alexander Lees and Isabella McKechnie.

My connection is that Isabella would be my 3 time Great Aunt and was sister to my 3 x Great Grandfather Donald McKechnie.

I still reside in the Stonehaven area and play golf there, where St. Mary of the Storms church is next to the 18th green.

I would be happy to share any other limited information that I have if you wish.

Regards

Offline cjm67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 November 19 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Lynn

Mistake there Isabella was actually sister to my 3 time Great Grandmother - Mary McKechnie.

Donald was of course their father (1819  1884).

Apologises for that.

:)

Offline lynnungarian

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 15 December 19 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello cjm67,
Apologies for late reply.  It is very good to hear from you and hopefully we have much to share.  As my current focus is on my Great Grandmother Isabella, the LEES ancestors, and Stonehaven/Cowie,  I haven’t gotten very far (as yet) on her siblings, or the McKechnie ancestors in general, and would welcome any help you can give me.

Your 3xG Grandmother, Mary McKECHNIE, would be my 2xG Aunt, and of course her father, Donald, is my 2xG Grandfather. I do hope I have this figured correctly.  We are surely “Cousins”.
I do know that Donald, (B. 1819 in Portlindrain, Argyll – D. 1884 in Stonehaven), was the son of Hugh McKECHNIE (1795 Portlindrain-1850) and Agnes SINCLAIR (1793-1856).  He married Mary ADAM (B. 1827 in Stonehaven-D.1875 Stonehaven, the daughter of David ADAM and Jean MASSON) in 1848 in Stonehaven, and, I have uncovered 11 children so far, born in Stonehaven I believe.  I have verified all the data on Isabella, but have very little in the way of verified facts on the others. 

I hope that you can help me piece all this together, and I do hope I can offer you the same.
My daughter and I will be visiting Stonehaven next spring, and I have yet to find what I am looking for - any living grandchildren of Isabella's daughters, Mary LEES (husband David MOIR), Christina LEES (husband George CHRISTIE),  and Elsie WOOD (husband John WOOD). These people would be my First Cousins, 1 x removed. 
Kind regards,
Lynn
FIFE: Anderson, Melville, Watson, Smith, Black, Gay, Lees.  KINCARDINE: Lees, Craig, McKechnie, Adam, Christie, Wood, Moir. Also, Anderson of PERTH, McKechnie of ARGYLL.