Author Topic: Problems with teletext on Philips HDTP8530 DTR DVR  (Read 7109 times)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with teletext on Philips HDTP8530 DTR DVR
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 16:00 BST (UK) »
Yes it is. Why?  Have you the answer?

Why? As you're having problems with it, it's often helpful to know the make and model to see if it's a known problem or not.

I've sent a quick message to Philips on twitter to see if they can assist.

I've updated the title also so it can be found to see if others are having the same problems too.

Also, here is the support page for your product:

http://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/HDTP8530_05/digital-terrestrial-television-recorder/support

I hope that's of some help for now.  :)

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline ann255

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 16:17 BST (UK) »
Sorry Trystan, didn't mean it to come out like that.  Just made me wonder if it was known to be problemsome.  Have had a look at the link you sent, and the only comment really is that I don't always get a red button up,  (but that does not stop me sometimes being able to access text.)
Thank you for your help.
BROWNING - Kent
DEARING - Kent
FOORD - Kent and Essex
GARRITY - Kent and Essex
GIBBS - Kent
HARE - Essex
JENNINGS - Essex
KEMPTON - Kent
PERKINS - Kent
PETTIT - Suffolk and Essex
RICHARDS - Kent
SIMMONS - Kent
THOMPSON - Suffolk

CLAYDON - NSW,AUSTRALIA

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 16:42 BST (UK) »
I don't always get a red button up,  (but that does not stop me sometimes being able to access text.)
That's what I find too (Sony TV and Humax Freeview box). BBC News (130) seems to have the red button most or all of the time, but BBC1 often only seems to show it during news programmes, and BBC2 not much at all. However, unless it's in one of its silly phases (see my earlier post), pressing the red button on the remote does bring up the text service whatever the screen does or doesn't show.

Arthur
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 18:31 BST (UK) »
Ann,

We've had a reply on twitter:

Philips Care ‏@PhilipsCare 
@rootschat Sorry to hear that. It's best if she contacts us directly in order for us to help her best. We're here 24/7 and happy to help

The link I gave above has details of how you can contact them, including their phone number.

Trystan
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline ann255

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 19 May 15 19:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks for update trystan.  Tried to phone but missed the 5pm deadline.  I have gone into link and emailed them with full details.  Hope they can help. Will update with news as and when.  Thanks again everyone.

Thanks for your comments Arthur, exactly the same for me, except  I do not get the red button very often.
BROWNING - Kent
DEARING - Kent
FOORD - Kent and Essex
GARRITY - Kent and Essex
GIBBS - Kent
HARE - Essex
JENNINGS - Essex
KEMPTON - Kent
PERKINS - Kent
RICHARDS - Kent
SIMMONS - Kent
THOMPSON - Suffolk

CLAYDON - NSW,AUSTRALIA

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 22 May 15 10:18 BST (UK) »
Ann,

Philips have a good reputation for helping people with their customer support it seems,.so I hope they can manage to figure it out for you.

Trystan

Offline ann255

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 01 June 15 14:08 BST (UK) »
Sorry so long replying.  Had a couple of emails from Phillips. Firstly suggesting I only use the scart lead or other one but not both - but this did not work for me.  Latest is that told to reset factory settings.  Have done so and will not see what happens.  Another thing I was asking them about was the fact that some mornings the red light on DTR was flashing. Only way to get things working was to switch off at wall.

Anyway lets se how this latest attempt goes.
BROWNING - Kent
DEARING - Kent
FOORD - Kent and Essex
GARRITY - Kent and Essex
GIBBS - Kent
HARE - Essex
JENNINGS - Essex
KEMPTON - Kent
PERKINS - Kent
RICHARDS - Kent
SIMMONS - Kent
THOMPSON - Suffolk

CLAYDON - NSW,AUSTRALIA

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 01 June 15 14:11 BST (UK) »
Ann,

It's good to know that Philips are trying to sort out the problem for you - let's hope they get to the bottom of it with you. Thanks for the update too. :)

Trystan