Author Topic: Marriage details for Jane Richards, (1852) Llanbabo.  (Read 9169 times)

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage details for Jane Richards, (1852) Llanbabo.
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 20:40 BST (UK) »
Hi DragonT,
                   Now that's a lot of new info and, as you said, quite a surprise; (putting it mildly). It just shows how much information is out there, if you have access to it and the requisite savvy.
 At the time of Sara's marriage to John Jones of Frigan Fawr her father was the tenant of Parciau Home Farm, 600 acres. Her mother's father, Capt. Henry Jones of Llysdylas is buried at Bangor Cathedral and her mother, Sara Emberson, was the daughter of "Landed Gentry" of Springfield, Essex. Regardless of wealth, John dies 9 years later, her son William too.
 I see no mention of what happened to her other son, John, but he may have been left at Frigan Fawr with his other 2 half-siblings.
 The speed of re-marriage may have had something to do with Robert's own siblings. Their parents had the farm, Hen Siop at Llangadwalader (110 Acres) but the father died in 1849, aged 48 and the mother in 1851 aged 46. None of their 4 surviving children had married but in 1861 we see Robert marrying Sara and his brother David marrying Anne of Bwlan. (David goes on to produce 7 children). A practical solution to get extra help on the farm.

The coincidence of a Kate Ellen Jones marrying a Policeman named Richards and having a child named Ellen was a blow but I'm nonplussed ... these things are sent to try us and I'll re-check my source.
 Once again, many thanks for your help.
                                                           Regards, Peter.

PS Just had a look at the 1871 for Hen Siop. David and Anne had 6 children at this date, plus 3 domestic servants and 3 farm labourers.
Just checked my source for the family in Eglwyslian, Glamorgan. It's the family of Griffith Richards, the policeman's son from Holyhead. Just a name coincidence after all.

Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline eapiwan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 14:36 GMT (UK) »
My name is Edwardo ap Iwan, from Argentina.
I want to provide data regarding Jane Richards (daughter of Michael Richards and Harriet Jones) of Bod Daniel.
Jane was the sister of my great-grandmother Elizabeth Richards (who married inAnglesey to my great-grandfather Rev. Robert Jones).
My grandfather Iorwerth ap Iwan Jones (son of Elizabth and Robert) told us that his sister Ellen Jones (Lena) returned to Wales and married Thomas Cairn Jones. She cared for her aunt Jane Richards when she was widowed. When Jane died - 1934/09/24 (she lived in Bod Daniel) in her will, she leaves the farm to her nephews William Owen and Ellen Jones (Lena - my great-aunt).
When Ellen Jones became a widow, she asked my grandfather to send someone to take care of Bod Daniel, she never had children. Unfortunately my grandfather did not have the resources to send anyone. My dad always told me that that farm was abandoned even with the milking parlor that Ellen had.
Today I have in my possession some of all this information.

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello Edward.
                   I have had a quick look at my records regarding Michael and Harriet Richards and see that my entry for your Great Grandmother, Elizabeth, ends with the 1871 census that shows her as unmarried and living with her parents at Bod Daniel. It would appear that, after her marriage to the Rev. Robert Jones it became, for me, impossible to trace amongst all of the other Joneses in Anglesey.
  I see that you are from Patagonia and I wondered whether you knew that Elizabeth's brother, William Emberson Richards emigrated to Patagonia with his wife and three children in 1882. (Gaiman) At that date W.E. was working for his father at Bod Daniel and married in 1876. Perhaps both families emigrated at the same time. William's sons re-emigrated to Canada and I am in touch with some of their offspring.
 Let me know .                            Regards, Peter
Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.