Author Topic: F/Sgt H.A.Ross Thomson Tunbridge wells WW2 Warhero  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
F/Sgt H.A.Ross Thomson Tunbridge wells WW2 Warhero
« on: Tuesday 19 May 15 09:48 BST (UK) »
Hello,

For my research I am trying to track down the relatives of F/Sgt Ross Thomson who piloted a 102 Squadron Halifax bomber coded W7882,DY-P and shotdown 2 February 1943 over the Dutch village Luijksgestel. Sadly F/Sgt Thomson(age 21) didn't survived the crash and also his entire crew died. Hugh Alexander Ross Thomson was the son of Alexander Ross Thomson and Maud Scott Thomson of Tunbridge Wells. H.A. Ros Thomson was born 31 March 1921. This info I have had from an archivist from Charter school. He joined Charterhouse school in January 1935 and left this school Dec 1935 at  the age of 14. He seems to have a sister Kathleen, who married a John Barnish Glover and had two sons in Febr 1947 and May 1948, and a Brother Ian. His Father died in 1967 and his Mother died in 1976.  Is there anyone who can help me to track down the family?? I know the rules for tracking down familymembers who are still alive but maybe if you have info you can send me a PM. I am already in touch with three relatives of this crew.

Thank you very much and I looking forward to hear from you,
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: F/Sgt H.A.Ross Thomson Tunbridge wells WW2 Warhero
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 May 15 11:37 BST (UK) »
 ??? No one?????

Regards,
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 May 15 12:14 BST (UK) »
You really should start using FreeBMD! ;D

Parent's marriage:
September qtr 1917
Eastbourne district     vol 2b, page 193

Thomson, Alexander R
Angell, Maud S

And, also from FreeBMD, using surname of Thomson and Mother's maiden name of Angell, there are births:
Kathleen M R, December qtr 1918 (Eastbourne)
Hugh A R, June qtr 1921 (Eastbourne)
Ian A R, September qtr 1925 (Chertsey)
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 May 15 12:19 BST (UK) »

You beat me to it with the information!  I agree in general that people should try to check free resources before asking for help but as Adrian (lancaster103) is working on researching many deceased aircrew I think he deserves help.
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 May 15 12:55 BST (UK) »
Philip - it was a tongue-in-cheek suggestion, rather than a complaint! ;D ;)
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 23 May 15 13:09 BST (UK) »

You beat me to it with the information!  I agree in general that people should try to check free resources before asking for help but as Adrian (lancaster103) is working on researching many deceased aircrew I think he deserves help.

Normaly I do checking resources(otherwise I could put more appeals for help on this forum) but sometimes i don't know where to start. Now I do Thanks to you all!! Thanks Philip for backing me up.  I am not a geologist but as Philip said I trying to became more info about the deseased airmen who didn't come back from Operations and shotdown over the S.E. part of The Netherlands which part of Holland I researching.

Regards and Many,Many Thanks again for your "Professional" help,
Adrian