Author Topic: WW2 RAF Sgt Glyndwr Guerrier, of Croydon,Surrey  (Read 8554 times)

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WW2 RAF Sgt Glyndwr Guerrier, of Croydon,Surrey
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 12 April 18 18:57 BST (UK) »
Have seen that he was involved in a crash with a Lancaster that killed both crews. Interested as to what he had done from enlisting in 1935, as 102 Squadron was bush pretty much from Day 1 of WW2?
Paul

Indeed he was involved in a plane crash not in a Lancaster but a Halifax.  Over Eindhoven in Holland a 44 sqdn lancaster and a 102 Sqdn Halifax collided during an evasive action and both crashed near Luijksgestel close to the Dutch/Belgian border which killed both the entire crews. Send me a PM and  I will tell you more and also i can put you in touch with the relatives of Glyndwr most and not forget
due to the help of the members of Rootschat.

Cheers,
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 21 April 18 06:24 BST (UK) »
Have seen that he was involved in a crash with a Lancaster that killed both crews. Interested as to what he had done from enlisting in 1935, as 102 Squadron was bush pretty much from Day 1 of WW2?
Paul

Hi Paul,

Send you a PM and all relatives(and me) of Glyndwr are keen to get in touch with you and exchange information.

Cheers,
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 27 May 18 10:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul,

It has been quite a while since you have posted your reply on Rootschat and I am eager to get in touch with you. Send you a PM and also I hoped that you replied on this suberb forum but it keep silence. I hope that you get in touch with me and exchanging information. Regards, Adrian

Offline Sue Ashton

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 23 October 19 18:26 BST (UK) »
My son is the great grandson of Glyn this came about from a relationship he had with Marjorie Whittaker in York whilst serving in the RAF nearby resulting in a son born in June 1943 also called Glyn who lives in York and has 2 children Simon and Joanne, Simon is my son's father but we are no longer in a relationship but still in touch with the family, Marjorie had no idea Glyndrw was married until we started researching, she is no longer with us but I  would be interested in any information or pictures of Glyn to give to my son Ben who is now 21 many thanks

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 22 December 19 10:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue,

I am sorry that  Ad van Zantwoort has not yet replied to your topic, he was online yesterday so hopefully will reply to you soon.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 22 December 19 11:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah, About and immediately when Sue replied I send Her my email address and she contact me through email so off board. I send Her a picture of Sgt Glyndwr Guerrier and i told Her that I am in touch with more relatives of Glyndwr. I also send a message to some of these relatives whom one living in the Netherlands and close to where we live that i am in touch with Sue Ashton. Sadly she not replied again. So it's not me to not replying to the topic.

Regards,
Adrian

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 22 December 19 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Adrian,

I was just a little concerned as it was a new members first post and I couldn't see any replies.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wjaduijzer

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 25 May 20 16:49 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I'm a son of the late sister of Glyndwr Guerrier, Eiluned, she was married with my father, Martinus Duijzer. Together they had 16 children, I'm number eight.

I'm very interested about any story of my uncle Glyndwr.
I like to be in tough with any one who can give me some more information.

Kind regards,
André Duijzer

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 14 October 21 18:22 BST (UK) »
My son is the great grandson of Glyn this came about from a relationship he had with Marjorie Whittaker in York whilst serving in the RAF nearby resulting in a son born in June 1943 also called Glyn who lives in York and has 2 children Simon and Joanne, Simon is my son's father but we are no longer in a relationship but still in touch with the family, Marjorie had no idea Glyndrw was married until we started researching, she is no longer with us but I  would be interested in any information or pictures of Glyn to give to my son Ben who is now 21 many thanks

Hello Sue,

Would you be so kind to get in touch with me??? Some familymembers are eager to get in touch with you and sharing information.

Regards,
Adrian