Author Topic: Kathryn Anne Cockerill 1902-1991-2nd Marriage to Kenneth MacKenzie..NEED HELP..  (Read 1764 times)

Offline zoolane

• RootsChat Extra
  • My Grandparents Oliver Thorn & Winifred Smith.
    • View Profile
Hi All

My Hubbys Great Aunt Kathryn Anne Cockerill married Malcolm Ross in Nova Scotia....All Info on his and her Parentage are now known to us, with many thanks from the Rootschat Members who read the thread and contributed their Information.

What I now ask is if anyone can provide me with any Information on Great Aunt Kates 2nd husband, Kenneth Mackenzie !!!!

Seems she moved to Hamilton Ontario. Address was 121 Stapleton Avenue...Did she marry him there and did they have children???

Any Information would be greatly appreciated.

In closing. I wonder why she returned to Nova Scotia? Was it because she was Ill and returned there because her children, by her 1st marriage to Malcolm Ross asked her to?

Get your thinking caps on Rootschatters and see what you can come up with.

Brenda

Thorn,Critchley,Smith,Bonehill,Rainbow,Upton.
Associated Families in Snitterfield and Stratford,Shipston on Stour
Wright Family of Wrights Ropes Ltd.,

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Hi there.

I was wondering if you had tried contacting living relatives as was suggested in the other thread to see if you could get some info that way?

Kathryn would have been about 41 when Malcolm died and if she didn't remarry shortly thereafter the likelihood of any children from this union would be low. Also, I would expect that any children would have been mentioned in her obit.

BMD's are protected by privacy laws in Canada with marriages generally protected for 80 years or so, deaths about 70 years, and births about 100 years. The marriage index for Ontario is currently available to the public up to about 1929 with a new year added annually. Beyond these dates one must meet certain specific criteria in order to be able to order a cert. We rely on newspaper notices or other sources for BMD info beyond the privacy limits. I haven't looked at the Nova Scotia Vital Stats website. It is free to use so I will leave that to you.

I would suspect that only Kathryn or perhaps a living rellie would know why she returned to Nova Scotia.

The 1957 voter's list has a Kenneth and Catherine Mckenzie at 61 Harrison Street in Hamilton. No way to know for sure if this is your couple. I don't see them together at any other time at the moment.

Link to previous post....

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=685604.0

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline zoolane

• RootsChat Extra
  • My Grandparents Oliver Thorn & Winifred Smith.
    • View Profile
Re: Kathryn Anne Cockerill 1902-1991-2nd Marriage to Kenneth MacKenzie..NEED HELP..
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 June 15 14:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Polarbear.

Hubby has been contacted by a Rellie in Nova Scotia !!!! What about that ????

Seems that Great Aunt Kathryn moved back to Nova Scotia on the death of her 2nd husband so , what you say, may be correct.

Hubby is now in contact with the family to see what transpired before she was laid to rest in the Ross Family Vault.

Thank you for your Input.

Brenda
Thorn,Critchley,Smith,Bonehill,Rainbow,Upton.
Associated Families in Snitterfield and Stratford,Shipston on Stour
Wright Family of Wrights Ropes Ltd.,

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Kathryn Anne Cockerill 1902-1991-2nd Marriage to Kenneth MacKenzie..NEED HELP..
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 June 15 15:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the update  :).

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada