Author Topic: Luce-Williams Jersey island  (Read 6927 times)

Offline Bottlebrush

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Luce-Williams Jersey island
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 07:51 BST (UK) »
Hi there,  la grande-méthe,

I have been continuing my research into the marriage of William Henry Williams and Malvina Mary Luce (from Jersey). I now have found out that, in fact, they never married although they had 4 children together so that explains the absence of a marriage record.

Thanks again for trying to find it  :).

Bottlebrush

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 09:34 BST (UK) »
I was starting to think that might be the case as I didn't find anything in the rest of the parishes. I was going to have another look tomorrow in case I'd missed it so thanks for letting me know.

Offline Dryland

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 19 January 19 02:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bottlebrush,
I do not have a marriage record but I have a Theodora Emma Emily Malvina Williams born in 1851 in Windsor and a Selina Henrietta Williams born in 1855 in Kennington. They are children of Malvina Mary Williams (nee Luce) and William Henry Williams.
They are both found in the 1881 census living in the house of Alexander James Acworth at 10 High Street Lewisham. On the same census return is their mother Malvina Williams (age then 57). Both sisters married two brothers and in fact 3 brothers (Alexander, Edwin awrence and Raynor are all in the same house with the Williams clan. The brothers Acworth are the sons of Elija John Acworth and Mary Ann Cronk.
I have a birth certificate for Selina Henrietta Williams, her marriage certificate and hr will. Selina identifies Malvina Mary Williams (nee Luce) as her mother in her will.
Hope that helps
 :)