Author Topic: find my past  (Read 2690 times)

Offline blue2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
find my past
« on: Thursday 28 May 15 22:05 BST (UK) »
Registered with this website but found I couldn't locate census results already found on Scotland's People. Couldn't find BMD already seen either. By looking on various forums, also learned that you must untick ( is that a word?)  autosubscribe in your personal details on the website to stop them taking the money continuously. Would never have known that as they don't make it clear. Hope I've helped someone being duped!

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: find my past
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 May 15 22:11 BST (UK) »
One of the things to remember is that each paid site has their own sets of records and that some records are not available on one site due to this ''exclusive use''

I have 2 sets of paid subs and I understand neither has the full set of records I require, which is exactly why I have the 2

Thank you for pointing out that I need to untick as it is something I do tend to overlook  :)
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline blue2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 May 15 22:15 BST (UK) »
Glad I helped. I would never have known but for blogs I read.

Offline IMBER

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 May 15 07:06 BST (UK) »
Registered with this website but found I couldn't locate census results already found on Scotland's People. Couldn't find BMD already seen either. By looking on various forums, also learned that you must untick ( is that a word?)  autosubscribe in your personal details on the website to stop them taking the money continuously. Would never have known that as they don't make it clear. Hope I've helped someone being duped!

Strange you can't find census and BMD results. Can you provide some examples of both? I've never had any problems finding records on Findmypast. Having said that the only place you can find Scottish 1911 Census results online will be ScotlandsPeople.

Imber
Skewis (Wales and Scotland), Ayers (Maidenhead, Berkshire), Hildreth (Berkshire)

Offline youngtug

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 29 May 15 07:36 BST (UK) »
Although of a somewhat doubtful ethical nature, the  practice of the continuance of payment by default is common, especially with online membership payments etc,.
.http://www.rootschat.com/links/05q2/   
  WILSON;-Wiltshire.
 SOUL;-Gloucestershire.
 SANSUM;-Berkshire-Wiltshire
 BASSON-BASTON;- Berkshire,- Oxfordshire.
 BRIDGES;- Wiltshire.
 DOWDESWELL;-Wiltshire,Gloucestershire
 JORDAN;- Berkshire.
 COX;- Berkshire.
 GOUDY;- Suffolk.
 CHATFIELD;-Sussex-- London
 MORGAN;-Blaenavon-Abersychan
 FISHER;- Berkshire.
 BLOMFIELD-BLOOMFIELD-BLUMFIELD;-Suffolk.
DOVE. Essex-London
YOUNG-Berkshire
ARDEN.
PINEGAR-COLLIER-HUGHES-JEFFERIES-HUNT-MOSS-FRY

Offline blue2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 29 May 15 11:44 BST (UK) »
Find my past found the census for me. Said I put too much info - only put the head of household, wife and address, but there you go. Had the details already but was testing the site. At least they sorted it.