Author Topic: Contact support  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Contact support
« on: Saturday 13 June 15 10:15 BST (UK) »
Quite often, though not always, when I open RootsChat I see a small red label on the bottom right hand side saying "Contact Support".  I don't know whether this is a message from RootsChat or something else, because I have never clicked on it, though sometimes I'm tempted to do so.

It looks similar in form to the "Post", "Preview" and Spellcheck" labels I can see now as I type this message, but is right in the corner of the screen.

Dose anyone know what it signifies, please?  Its wording suggests that I am somehow in need of support.

Gillg
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Contact support
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 June 15 10:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Gill,

have a look at the Help-Pages,
http://www.rootschat.com/help/index.php

It's the first item there :)

regards,
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 June 15 11:21 BST (UK) »
Bob

Many thanks for your reply.  So now I know!  I really didn't know whether it was a command (i.e. it's vital you contact support this instant) or or something else that would plunge me into somewhere I didn't to be.  Never thought of looking at the Help-Pages, though, as I wasn't sure it was actually part of RootsChat.

You learn something new every day.  :)

Regards

Gill

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 June 15 10:15 BST (UK) »
Gill,

Yes, if you ever find that you can't log into RootsChat then we're there to try our best to sort out the problems to get you back on. Indeed if you have any other problems that you need to get in touch with us about then we're there to help.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 June 15 11:13 BST (UK) »

Thanks, Trystan.  I've never had any problems over the years, but it's good to know that you are always there with a helping hand, if necessary.

Best wishes,
Gill  :)