Author Topic: OFFER, willing to photograph graves in Salford, Worsley/Wardley/Walkden  (Read 3941 times)

Offline BevStimpson

• RootsChat Member
  • This photo is my Gran, Ethel Jackson aged 17 yrs
    • View Profile
OFFER, willing to photograph graves in Salford, Worsley/Wardley/Walkden
« on: Wednesday 17 June 15 10:32 BST (UK) »
Hi

just a quick offer.

I live in the Worsley/Walkden area of Salford.

I can take digital photos of local cemeteries within the Salford area (Sorry I don't know Bolton/Farnworth well enough.

I can go to Little Hulton, any in Salford, including Swinton, Weaste, Wardley, Walkden Worsley and Eccles.

I also regularly go to Agecroft and Phillips Park in Manchester and Gorton in Manchester cemeteries.
But please be aware, specifically for Phillips Park, it is a HUGE cemetery and many (in fact most) of the Pauper graves are now just grassland.

I will need names dates and plot numbers and obviously the graveyard/cemetery.

Best Wishes
Bev
BARLOW, BEARD, BRIDGWOOD. BROOMHEAD. BROTHERDALE, CLARKE, CRESSWELL. DIAMOND, DRAIN, GRAHAM, HALL, HEUCHAN, HOGDANE, HULL, JACKSON, KIRKPATRICK, LITTLE, McLELLAN, McTURK, MORRIS, NEEDS, OWEN, PARSONS, PRICE, PUGH, RATHBONE, ROBINSON, SCRUTON, SHAW, STAFFORD, TAYLOR, WATSON, WEIR, WILLIAMSON

Offline wattspamela31

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: OFFER, willing to photograph graves in Salford, Worsley/Wardley/Walkden
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 July 15 09:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Bev
How much do you charge for going taking grave photos. 

I am trying to get a photo of my great grandmothers grave in Gorton Cemetery, Maria Manley and her husband John Manley.  Originally in the records is was Section 29, No 50 (that was after Marias death in 1921) but then when it was reopened on Johns death on 29 May 1936 it is noted as being section D, No 50, non conformist.  I don't know if just the numbering system has changed over the years or if something is not right in the records I have found.

Many thanks for your advice and pricing.

Pam

Offline BevStimpson

• RootsChat Member
  • This photo is my Gran, Ethel Jackson aged 17 yrs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 July 15 14:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Bev
How much do you charge for going taking grave photos. 

I am trying to get a photo of my great grandmothers grave in Gorton Cemetery, Maria Manley and her husband John Manley.  Originally in the records is was Section 29, No 50 (that was after Marias death in 1921) but then when it was reopened on Johns death on 29 May 1936 it is noted as being section D, No 50, non conformist.  I don't know if just the numbering system has changed over the years or if something is not right in the records I have found.

Many thanks for your advice and pricing.

Pam

Hi Pam, I don't charge, I take the photo's when I visit my own family graves.
I will try to get there next Sunday, we have just come back from Cemetery Crawling (as my hubby likes to call it) in Dumfries where my Scottish family originated.

I will be going to Gorton before the anniversary of my paternal Granddads passing in August, since we're off on holidays the week it falls in, next Sunday is going to be the first time I get chance until after our hols.

I'll look for the grave for you, and post the photos on here if it lets me, otherwise I'll message you for an email to send them too, :)

Bev
BARLOW, BEARD, BRIDGWOOD. BROOMHEAD. BROTHERDALE, CLARKE, CRESSWELL. DIAMOND, DRAIN, GRAHAM, HALL, HEUCHAN, HOGDANE, HULL, JACKSON, KIRKPATRICK, LITTLE, McLELLAN, McTURK, MORRIS, NEEDS, OWEN, PARSONS, PRICE, PUGH, RATHBONE, ROBINSON, SCRUTON, SHAW, STAFFORD, TAYLOR, WATSON, WEIR, WILLIAMSON

Offline wattspamela31

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 31 July 15 06:11 BST (UK) »
Hiya Bev

Sorry for the delay in replying, I live in Spain and the internet access is not the best and at this time of year it just doesn't work. 

That would be great.  I have been cemetery crawling in Cumberland with my sister.  She has a grave radar.  I spend hours walking up and down, she walks in and straight away finds a grave.  How she does it we don't know.

My family think I am mad but I have a really small family and know very little about our past.  It constantly amazes me what I find out.

Thank you for your help, you are a star.  Have a good weekend.

Pam