Author Topic: Seeking Grave locations Rake Lane and Landican Cemeteries  (Read 5773 times)

Offline EDLWallasey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Seeking Grave locations Rake Lane and Landican Cemeteries
« on: Tuesday 23 June 15 12:40 BST (UK) »
Good afternoon

I'm seeking the burial location in Rake Lane Cemetery of my great grandmother, Annie Jackson, died ca. 1950/51. My mother, recently deceased asked that we bury her ashes in Annie's grave as she raised Mum and her sister. Possibly sharing the grave are my Grandmother Annie Hale (nee Jackson), died 1926 and Great Grandfather Stanley Stonewall Jackson.

I would also like to locate the grave(s) of my Aunt and Uncle, (Dorothy) Joan, died ca. 2003 and Steve (Stephen) Fowlds died ca. 2006/7. Both were interred in Landican Cemetery

Any assistance in locating the graves or signposts to other sources of information much appreciated!

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Grave locations Rake Lane and Landican Cemeteries
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 June 15 14:11 BST (UK) »
Hi

Welcome to Rootschat. There is a death of an Annie Jackson registered in Wallasey in April to June quarter 1950 age 79. Does that sound correct?
I haven't been to Wallasey Library (Earlston Road) for a few years but they had the burial registers for Rake Lane Cemetery on film which would give you the section and grave number. They also had a plan showing the various sections.
For Landican Cemetery information that recent you would need to contact the Landican Cemetery office for burial details.

Andy

Offline EDLWallasey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 June 15 15:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much for that, Andy. I live in Bristol--not easy to get back to the Wallasey Library. Would someone there research the grave location for me or will it be necessary to visit myself. Hopefully not as I'd like to go directly to the Cemetery when I travel north.

Do you happen to have contact details for the Library and/or Landican Cemetery Office?

Thanks again.

Elaine

Offline Neptune

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 June 15 21:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Elaine - welcome to Rootschat

As Andy mentioned - Wallasey Library does have some burial records for Rake Lane Cemetery.
I was able to call in there tonight and look up the details for you.

Your great grandmother is buried in Section 13 G (non conformist) grave number 54.
You were right -also buried are Joseph Jackson, Annie Hale, Arthur Jackson, Annie Jackson and
Stanley Stonewall Jackson.
I have a photo of the grave if you would like to see it.
If you are going to Rake Lane the grave is quite straightforward to find - I can give you directions - there's also a map of the sections at the entrance.

There aren't any records available as far as I know for the more recent burials at Landican but the office at Landican may be able to help -telephone 0151 677 2361.

Hope this helps

Regards

Neptune

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline EDLWallasey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 24 June 15 12:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Neptune

Thank you SO MUCH for this welcome information. Yes, I'd love to see a photo of the grave and, as I'm not familiar with the cemetery layout, instructions would also be appreciated.

I'll ring Landican as you have suggested. You have been a great help. Thanks again.

Elaine

Offline Neptune

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 24 June 15 19:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Elaine

You're welcome -

As you have now done 3 posts on the board I think you should be able to receive and send personal messages (pm).
If you would like to send me a pm with your e-mail address- I can send the photo on to you via e-mail.
To send a pm - click on the avatar by my name on the board -or click on my name and you should see the option to send a personal message.
The grave shouldn't be too difficult to find - you only have to walk down one pathway and it's near the edge of section 13 G.

Regards

Neptune
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Curlypoppet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 27 May 19 23:32 BST (UK) »
Hello I’ve just been redirected to this thread. I am looking to trace the graves of my relatives with the surname Kellner whom I believe are buried at rake lane cemetery. How do I go about finding them?

Offline Certacito

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 07 July 19 10:20 BST (UK) »
If the grave has a head stone, there is a list of monumental inscriptions in the central library.  Unusual name so if marked shouldn't too hard to find.
Moreton. McKeown.