Author Topic: Walter Coleman  (Read 3041 times)

Offline Jcmgardiner

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Walter Coleman
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 25 June 15 20:15 BST (UK) »
Don't know actual date of death but know it was 1954. I have a document somewhere of a burial plot purchase in 1954 for him with the option of someone else going in. This was to last for 50 yrs, I think. Will look for it tomorrow. Will post a message re Caroline death as you suggested. Thankyou for all your help.
Jean

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 25 June 15 20:19 BST (UK) »
By the 1930s/40s divorce was a little easier, if socially not very acceptable, and there were quite a few during/after the war (my grandparents divorced around then - school teacher and wife, so not that well off - by my mother suffered a bit of stigma because of it)

The died when 4 story, when she's around in 1935,  may be a way of hiding some "difficult" history from a young child, but she does still appear to be with her husband in 1935, when your father would surely remember her

Offline Laurag10

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 29 September 21 21:00 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone… I know this thread is 6 years old.. but I really want to get in touch with the lady who posted.

Ot was my great grandmother Charlotte who remarried Walter Coleman. My mom even met Walter and Raymond when she was little.. please get in touch! Thankyou
Laura