Author Topic: Kellar family in Ontario  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Kellar family in Ontario
« on: Saturday 27 June 15 17:51 BST (UK) »
My husbands first cousin Evelyn May Kellar nee Ashcroft emigrated toOntario after her marriage in a Liverpool to a Canadian soldier.She did have a son John when she left England b in 1944.We have found her death on line but wonder if there are any Kellars who might like to get in touch privately with him.They would be his second cousins .He has often wondered about the life of his cousin in Canada.
A private message would be exciting as I know Roots Chat do not research living relatives.
Thanks
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kellar family in Ontario
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 June 15 19:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Ringrose.

Have you tried looking at the telephone white pages for Kellars in the Kingston area? Kingston is in Frontenac County. Contact info is usually provided. Link here....

http://www.canada411.ca

Also, it appears that Arnold has a number of siblings buried in the same cemetery. One burial was in 2010, so relatively recently. You may be able to find an obit for him, perhaps through the Kingston Public Library, and thus find rellies to look up in the phone directory.

Hope this link works.....

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=53813890&ref=acom

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 June 15 19:58 BST (UK) »
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 27 June 15 20:01 BST (UK) »
Great find,*Sandra*!
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 27 June 15 20:46 BST (UK) »
Yes I had found the grave info on Ancestry.Many thanks for your interest.
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline Ryan Kellar

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 April 19 02:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Ringrose.

Evelyn was my grandmother. Not sure if I met your husband in 1993 when my mother (Corinne) and I travelled to England and stayed with my Aunty Joan.