Author Topic: william millard  (Read 3304 times)

Offline jacquelinekeep

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
william millard
« on: Saturday 27 June 15 21:26 BST (UK) »
hello everyone, i am trying to find out who were the parants of my 3x grt. grandad william millard born 1815 at horningsham, wiltshire. i cannot get pass william. hoping to hear from some ome best wishes jackie
 ;D ;)
keep-berkshire
millard-southampton
mathews-southampton

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: william millard
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 June 15 23:39 BST (UK) »
Hi

Did you check Family Search as there is an entry for 1816 which fits his profile

https://familysearch.org/search
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline lulubird

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 June 15 15:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Jacqueline,

This may not be of much use but may be worth a look.  There is a William Miller(sic)listed as baptised in Horningsham on 02 Jun 1816, base born son of Sarah,a widow.  There are Millards baptised there around that time in the independent chapel but no Williams.  There was a census taken in 1801 in the village in which Millers are well represented but no Millards.  The spelling of names at that time depends so much on the cleric recording them.

A propos of the above, it's possible that the William Miller(sic) who married Elizabeth Ayers on 28 Sep 1834 in Horningsham  may be your chap. Elizabeth was baptised on 24 Mar 1817 in the village, daughter of John and Mary.

If you know differently,please ignore the above!  It may be worth contacting Jim Parsons,the opc for Horningsham on the Wiltshire opc project on www.wiltshire-opc.org.uk .

Regards,Linda

Offline jacquelinekeep

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 July 15 21:04 BST (UK) »
thank you so much for all your help best wishes jackie
keep-berkshire
millard-southampton
mathews-southampton

Offline 999Mills

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi, My ancestor was also William Millard born Horningsham in 1815. I did quite a bit of research 2001-2003 and obtained a lot of information. I then got side tracked by my mother's side of the family and then let it all go. I have now decided to have another go with so much available online these days. Did you get past William after?
All the best,
Gareth Millard - son of Les, son of Thomas, son of Charles, son of Alfred who was William and Elizabeth's son if my memory is correct.

Offline JamesMillard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 09 November 20 05:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

Has anyone had any luck with Robert Millard? Born Horningsham abt 1787-1790 but moved to Monkton Deverill and became a Blacksmith there.

I've hit a wall with identifying who Roberts parents were so I'm wondering if anyone has already come across this person in their own family tree?

Thanks,

James