Author Topic: Missing during and after the Battle of arnhem, September 1944  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Philip Reinders

• RootsChat Extra
  • Arnhem 1944-Allied Artillery Netherlands 1944-1945
    • View Profile
Missing during and after the Battle of arnhem, September 1944
« on: Sunday 28 June 15 13:15 BST (UK) »
For a hopefully upcoming publication I am trying to locate Family members/Next of Kin of men who were killed durig or after the Battle of Arnhem, September 1944.
I want to gather information about them, where they might have be killed or last seen by their comrades and also when possible a photograph of them which can be used in this publication, the following weeks want to post there names here, and hope people who have any knowledge about Family or next of kin, would like to contact me, by email or pm.

Thank you all in advance.

Private Victor GIBSON, Husband of Clara Gibson, of Meadows, Nottingham. Army No.7612322 HQ 1st Airborne Division.

Private Frederick George MATTHIEU, Son of Frederick G. and Florence Matthieu, of Leyton, Essex. Army No.5957159 Defence Platoon 1st Airborne Division.

Staff/Sergeant Robert Duncan BROWN, Son of Robert and Jean S. Brown, of Glasgow. Army No.7596110, RAOC 1st Airborne Division

Private Wilfred Gordon John SMITH, Son of Wilfred and May Smith, of Washford, Somerset. Army No.5683032, Defence Platoon 1st Airborne Division.

Trooper David GILES Husband of Muriel Giles, of Crumpsall, Manchester, Army No.3445870, 1st Airborne Recce Squadron

Trooper Stanley TICKLE , Manchester, Army No.3460967, 1st Airborne Recce Squadron

Offline Philip Reinders

• RootsChat Extra
  • Arnhem 1944-Allied Artillery Netherlands 1944-1945
    • View Profile
Re: Missing during and after the Battle of arnhem, September 1944
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 June 15 18:52 BST (UK) »
Gunner Henry BOOTH Son of Bertha Booth, of Rye, Sussex.Army No.1424303 1st Airlanding Anti Tank Battery.

Bombardier William Henry WEATHERELL Son of R. Walter and Minnie Mabel Bradley; husband of Minnie Amy Bradley, of North Harrow, Middlesex. Army No.11423301 1st Airlanding Anti Tank Battery

Gunner Ronald HAMMONDSon of Frederick John and Florence Hammond, of Barrow-in-Furness, Lancashire.Army No.2448688 1st Airlanding Anti Tank Battery

Lance-Bombardier Lionel George Henry RYDEN Son of George H. and Shelagh May Ryden, of Colwyn Bay, Denbighshire. Army No.872082 1st Airlanding Anti Tank Battery

Frederick George Forder, Yarmouth Army No.1137514 1st Airlanding Anti Tank Battery

Gunner Bertie BAXTER Husband of Elsie Baxter, of Wind hill, Shipley, Yorkshire. Army No.1070053 1st Airlanding Anti Tank Battery

Gunner Thomas Sydney WARWICK Husband of Beryl Elsie Warwick, of King's Norton, Birmingham. Army No.1427378 1st Airlanding Anti Tank Battery

Gunner Albert Cornwall RICHARDSON Son of Frank and Alice Richardson, of Walworth, London; husband of L. A. Richardson. Army No.14208187 1st Airlanding Anti Tank Battery

Gunner Ronald OGDEN Son of Walter George and Winnifred Amy Ogden, of Downend, Gloucestershire. Army No.14711343 1st Airlanding Anti Tank Battery

Gunner George Robson, Son of Stephen and Emily Robson, of Cramlington, Northumberland. Army No.1491471 1st Airlanding Anti Tank Battery

Offline Steve D H

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing during and after the Battle of arnhem, September 1944
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 02:55 GMT (UK) »
Bombardier William Henry WEATHERELL Son of R. Walter and Minnie Mabel Bradley; husband of Minnie Amy Bradley, of North Harrow, Middlesex. Army No.11423301 1st Airlanding Anti Tank Battery

This is incorrect and should be William Henry BRADLEY. I am his great nephew. I’ll message you.