Author Topic: kelso poorhouse records  (Read 1746 times)

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
kelso poorhouse records
« on: Monday 29 June 15 18:15 BST (UK) »
Where would I find admission records for Kelso union Poorhouse Hospital 1910/1911.

I`ve not found anything on Hawickhub website.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: kelso poorhouse records
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 June 15 18:29 BST (UK) »
I don't know whether this will be of any help to you

http://www.workhouses.org.uk/Kelso/
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 June 15 22:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks Carol

I`d thought of that website a couple of days ago, but at a time when I was doing other things, so it went out of my head !!

It says that Hawick Heritage Hub have records for that time so I`ll give them a ring, as I couldn`t access them in their catalogue.Probably operator error !!

Offline still_looking

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 June 15 11:52 BST (UK) »
According to the national records site they do have some records though whether that includes admissions or not isnt specified at this level

http://catalogue.nrscotland.gov.uk/scancatalogue/details.aspx?reference=GB1097%2fSBA%2f4&st=1&tc=y&tl=n&tn=y&tp=y&k=Kelso+union+poorhouse&ko=a&r=&ro=s&

S_L

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 July 15 18:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your replies.

I`ve not been able to make any further searches just yet.

What I would really like to find would be any details of the admission of James Wallace who died there on 20th January 1911, ideally I`m hoping to find who was listed as his next of kin.His death cert  shows a nurse as the informant.

I have all other information on him from b to d, including 2 marriages, but he made sure he wouldn`t be found as he changed his name ( Wallace was his mother`s ms )and totally disregarded his 2nd family, evidence his on the death cert.