Author Topic: ashfield-cum-thorpe  (Read 1999 times)

Offline valerie kehoe

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
ashfield-cum-thorpe
« on: Sunday 05 July 15 08:03 BST (UK) »
Please can someone check 'bastardy bonds' relating to my ancestors of this parish?

My gggg/father George Mortimer was born 1798  -4 years AFTER his mother's husband (Robert) had died(1792/3).  (Also another (bastard) son James Moss Mortimer born 1796)

James MOSS MORTIMER1796
George MORTIMER 1798

mother ANN/E MORTIMER (nee Rowe)  Both sons birth/christening entries shown as 'bastardy son's of Ann/e Rowe.

Would appreciate some help -as I have tried this search for many years now.

Valerie
WAus
Lond.//Kent/Surrey  Bryan  
Cork (Dunmanway) O'Brien
London//Lambeth    Small   Muggeridge 
L'pool /Preston.       Kehoe  McDonough  Coupe  
Suffolk                     Rowe   Mortimer   Mowle

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline John Mortimer

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ashfield-cum-thorpe
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 19:17 BST (UK) »
I've just come on to Roots and noticed your Bastardy records request for Ashfield-cum-Thorpe , Suffolk. We have the same ancestor and I have been unsuccessful tracing the Moss connection.

If you go to this link -  http://home.cogeco.ca/~johnmort1/  - and click on the Thomas Moss Connection web link, bottom of lower right column of links, you might get a bit of insight into the problem with the Moss middle name in our ancestors lineage.

I think there is a good chance that Anne was a housekeeper for one of the Moss's after Robert died.

I'd be interested in seeing your tree to see where our connection is. I work with another person who has the same family background as us who lives in Ipswich, between us we  have a lot of information about our Mortimer lot.

John Mortimer -  Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline valerie kehoe

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: ashfield-cum-thorpe
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 February 19 01:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi John
I have since checked those 'Bastardy Files' -though without any sightings.  Have you made any further advancement with your searching?  I can exchange a few snippets if you can 'pm' me please,

Valerie
Lond.//Kent/Surrey  Bryan  
Cork (Dunmanway) O'Brien
London//Lambeth    Small   Muggeridge 
L'pool /Preston.       Kehoe  McDonough  Coupe  
Suffolk                     Rowe   Mortimer   Mowle