Author Topic: Children of George & Nancy Hart baptised in Glenshiel  (Read 1783 times)

Offline ragt39

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Children of George & Nancy Hart baptised in Glenshiel
« on: Tuesday 07 July 15 19:17 BST (UK) »
I am researching a Hart family and have a George Hart marrying Nancy Scott in 1828 in Glenshiel.  I believe that they had 6 children - Mary (1829), Margaret (1831), William (1832), George (1835), Thomas (1838) & Isabella (1840).  They all appear on the 1841 census albeit with the 2 older girls working away from home.  I can verify the births/baptisms of the first 4 children but cannot find any records for either Thomas or Isabella.  In 1842 the whole family emigrated to Canada. Can anyone help me find the birth/baptism records for both Thomas & Isabella.  On the 1841 census it suggests that they were both born in Ross & Cromarty County.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Children of George & Nancy Hart baptised in Glenshiel
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 July 15 23:53 BST (UK) »
Have you already checked the OPR's on Scotlands People?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline ragt39

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 July 15 10:07 BST (UK) »
Yes, I have - and at some expense using their 'pay-as-you-go' procedure.  I wonder why they can't offer a subscription service like Ancestry & Findmypast.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 July 15 12:42 BST (UK) »
I agree with you but I'm sure SP have done their sums and worked out they make more money using the pay as you go system
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)