Author Topic: Lusitania mystery - told Great Grandfather died on ship, but he's not on records  (Read 12254 times)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
sorry to even have mentioned him

xin

Don't be sorry - it's always worth finding leads even to rule them out.  Sorry if my tone was a bit "off".

Hopefully the OP will let us know when the marriage certificate arrives in case that helps to confirm details.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Yep  :) it's not you its me :) :) having a serious 'off day' 

and if it wasn't for thinking outside the box...  my little Rachel that was born in Leicester yet died just a few yrs later in Australia  - would never have been found. 

:)  xin

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Xin, thinking outside the box also found my reclusive gt gt grandfather, nothing wrong with that.

It was perfectly Ok to mention him. But we do need to stick to the fact's, otherwise what is the point, no offence meant at all. :)
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline TreesieA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
sorry to even have mentioned him

xin

Don't be sorry - it's always worth finding leads even to rule them out.  Sorry if my tone was a bit "off".

Hopefully the OP will let us know when the marriage certificate arrives in case that helps to confirm details.

Of course, really appreciate everyones help and as soon as marriage certificate arrives, I'll confirm the details.

Offline iolaus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
It doesn't automatically mean that he was the Fred in the newsarticle (as others have pointed out he's not) but the fact that the family story may be mixed slightly can not be ruled out

Offline TreesieA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Lusitania mystery - told Great Grandfather died on ship, but he's not on records
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 16 July 15 21:54 BST (UK) »
Hi all, the marriage certificate arrived today. Details are as follows:

Marriage solemnized at the Parish Church in the Parish of Delaval in the County of Northumberland.

Married June 7th 1904:

Frederick James Kerslake:
Age 25
Bachelor
Rank or Profession - Tobacconist
Residence at the time of Marriage - Whitley Bay
Father's name - Fred Kerslake (deceased)
Father's Profession - Master Marriner

Ada Emily Smith
Age 21
Spinster
Rank or Profession - Left blank
Residence at the time of Marriage - New Hartley
Fathers name - Stephen William Smith
Father's Profession - Deputy Overman

Married in the Parish Church according to the rites and ceremonies of the Established Church after Banns by me, George W Jackson

In the presence of:
John G Fortune
Chas R Kerslake