Author Topic: Archives lookup - SWEETING  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Roger Williams

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Archives lookup - SWEETING
« on: Tuesday 14 July 15 12:49 BST (UK) »
There is a book held by the Glamorgan Archives in Cardiff (and a copy, I believe, at the Cowbridge library) which likely has information of particular interest to me but, being based in New Zealand, it is a bit of an effort to view this.  :) The book is: Sweeting: a family of Aberthin 1400-1820, by Edna May Adams. (Reference: Lib/B/273)

My Sweeting line details can be seen here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/apwe7z5eir1owq0/Sweeting.pdf?dl=0; Daniel Niblett Sweeting was my 3xg grandfather.

I would be most grateful if someone could access this book and:
1) Confirm that it deals with the same family as I have identified.
2) Provide details of any additional lineage that may be contained in the book, including maiden names of spouses, and dates. Any material variations between my research and the book would be helpful if identified.
3) Note any sources or attributions that might be valid for independent follow-up. In particular, I believe Mrs Adams is deceased, but any clues as to her next of kin which might be in the book would be useful as I would like to try to acquire a copy of the book for myself.

Offline Kate TJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Archives lookup - SWEETING
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 December 17 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi there
I’ve just joined up and noticed your Sweeting connection.
I have a Richard Sweeting b c 1805 in my tree, who may be connected in some way.
I live about 1.5 hours from Cowbridge, but if I get to the library will let you know!
Regards
Kate