Author Topic: Thomas Owen Price, born Worcester around 1836 - 1844  (Read 3491 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Owen Price, born Worcester around 1836 - 1844
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 15 November 15 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Ann 24.5.1839-8.6.1839 St Johns Bedwardine Worcester.
It seems Jane died in childbirth 1839 (NBI) age 17.

this doesn' match with my post on the other thread on Herefords board
Jane James christened july 1807 in Shobdon - that Jane would have been 31 / 32

so either the 17 year old is wrong or the 1807 christening in Shobdon is wrong
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NKJR-SQ6
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 15 November 15 09:44 GMT (UK) »
The Jane burial must be wrong as it was a month before Ann's birth.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 15 November 15 09:52 GMT (UK) »
Oh - Ok - so the 1807 Jane James - father John  in Shobdon looks to be a likely match ?
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 15 November 15 10:22 GMT (UK) »
Looks good to me yes, edward was born around 1805 so similar age. Marriage in Shobdon in 1834, children born in 1835, 1837 and 1839 all fit well.

But the Thomas baptism in the independent chapel and no obvious death or burial for jane is a puzzle.

Certainly not helping that we're looking in 4 counties across the England - Wales border just around the start of registration!
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 15 November 15 10:24 GMT (UK) »
Can't find John in 1841 either. There are a few in the area but all with different parents.

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 15 November 15 20:55 GMT (UK) »
Is the death in Kington reg dist, in 1838 which includes Shobdon, of Jane Price relevant.

Edward and Jane had a son Thomas in Shobdon in 1837

Mike

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 16 November 15 06:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike, I don't think so as I believe she had a baby Ann in Worcester in 1839, but at the moment it's very confused. But it could mean we are looking at 2 families  ::)

The Thomas I'm looking for, born around 1837 with father Edward born around 1805 in Knighton (Radnorshire), says born Worcester in the censuses (one says born Manchester, St John's  but I assume that's a transcription error). This relationship is confirmed in the later censuses and I have Thomas' marriage certificate and both Thomas and Edward's death certificates, but it's all I have to go on.

A Thomas baptism, parents Edward and Jane, was found in Worcester in 1837, with a possible sister Ann, born in 1839. As there doesn't appear to be a birth registered for that Thomas, I bought Ann's birth certificate which gives Jane's maiden name as James, which led to the marriage in Shobdon.

Timewise this all seemed to fit, albeit moving to Worcester and an independent chapel baptism for Thomas, but the death in Shobdon throws it out. Yet there is no other marriage at the time (that I can find anyway) of an Edward Price to Jane James as parents of the Ann born in 1839.

Back to the drawing board I think. Finding Thomas in 1841 would be good. I've also just re-discovered a possible birth registration which I should check out, for a Thomas Price born in 1838 in Worcester. If his father is Edward, gardener, with a different mother (maybe Owen, given his 2nd name) then this could be the wrong family anyway :-\  Checking if Edward was a widower at his marriage in 1842 would be an idea too.

Thanks everyone for all your help, much appreciated.

Deirdre

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 16 November 15 22:33 GMT (UK) »
I was looking for Edward's baptism in Knighton which I haven't found as yet, but given that his second marriage gives his father's name as Samuel, there is a possible couple baptising children there at the time.
Samuel bp 7 Jun 1806 son of Samuel & Catherine
Catherine bp 30 Jun 1809 dau of Samuel & Catherine
John bp 2 Jun 1811 son of Samuel & Katherine

Possible burial in Knighton of Catherine Price aged 33 18th Feb 1813

There's a marriage in Munslow Shropshire 15 July 1805 of Samuel Price & Catherine Owen
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N2ZG-Q9W

:-\
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 06:35 GMT (UK) »
Thanks osprey, I had seen that couple but without an Edward baptism had just made a note of them, especially given the different ages Edward has through the censuses  ;D

I hadn't seen the burial though. Thanks for the marriage too, I'd not found that. Yet another county to add to the mix!!

Searched for Thomas in 1841 again yesterday without any luck. Quite a few but all appear to be with parents.

Deirdre