Author Topic: Janetta Pansy Glendora Banfield  (Read 7240 times)

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Janetta Pansy Glendora Banfield
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 18 July 15 14:29 BST (UK) »
A Janey Banfield birth registered Sept.1869, Barnstaple.   In 1871 she's with grandmother and aunt both named Charlotte Spear and in 1881 with aunt Charlotte.   No trace of her after then so looks like she could be Janetta.

Looks like a marriage took place in Mar.qtr.1869 Barnstaple between a William Banfield and Ann Spear (she has been missing from transcribed page but looking at original her ref. is 5b 794 the same as William Banfield.   Aforementioned Charlotte senior did indeed have daughters Ann and Charlotte.

In 1871 Janey Benfield, aged 1 bc.1870, in 1881 Jane Banfield, 11 bc.1870.

Having problems finding William and Ann after marriage but an Ann Banfield bc.1831 died Sept.1881 Barnstaple.

Annette

The Aunt Charlotte SPEAR(E) married George BUTLER in 1881 and they are buried with Ann BANFIELD.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=124824414&PIpi=122153912

It would be handy to know who the witnesses were when Janetta married.

Debra  :)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 18 July 15 16:42 BST (UK) »
I think Walter is transcribed as BAMFIELD for his earlier service records. I looked but didn't see anything of interest. Next of kin=Father.

Perhaps someone else could check as I'm quite awful at reading those things.

Maureen

That's a good find.  Walter enlisted in London on 31.12.1878 and was stationed in the East Indies 11.12.1879 to 2.2.1885.  We can stop looking for him in the 1881 census - he was in Subathu, India on the relevant date.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline Ann Robbins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 19 July 15 21:05 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the suggestions. The witnesses at Janetta and Charles Beer's wedding were F. Beer and J C (or H) Beer, he did have two brothers John and Frederick although I think Frederick would have only been around 15 at the time of the wedding.