Author Topic: Mckenzie  (Read 1346 times)

Offline ccapell57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Mckenzie
« on: Sunday 10 July 05 18:18 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I looking for the birth and death of 1) Harold B McKenzie, I don't know where he was born but I know that he died in Newbiggin by the sea Northumberland approx 1916 can some one please help me. ???

TIA Chris
Mckenzie,Agnew,Young,Hickey,Collins,Brown

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mckenzie
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 July 05 18:39 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I looking for the birth and death of 1) Harold B McKenzie, I don't know where he was born but I know that he died in Newbiggin by the sea Northumberland approx 1916 can some one please help me. ???

TIA Chris
could it be Harold E

MCKENZIE, Harold Edgar   Christening
   Birth Date:   27 Mar 1888   
   Christening Date:   16 Jun 1888   Recorded in:   Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, England
         Collection:   St Paul
   Father:   John MCKENZIE
   Mother:   Hannah

audrey

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 July 05 19:09 BST (UK) »
Any idea how old he was at death?     Old or young?    Have you got the certificate?   Informants?    Any idea of wife and family? 
It all helps.
Andrea

Offline ccapell57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 July 05 20:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Andrea

As far as I know Harold was 16yrs when he died, it is only something that my mother has told me, looked in the Durham miners thingey and got an approx date, I have looked in 1837 BMD found nothing.   The only Harold B McKenzie I can find was born in portsea island Hampshire, the wrong mother and father. 

His Fathers name is Frederick McKenzie and his Mother name was Elizabeth (No)maiden Name, I can not find their marrage! as far as I know they all lived in northumberland.

Chris

Offline ccapell57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 10 July 05 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Audrey

It is Harold B McKenzie from Durham Miners Thingey.

Chris

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 10 July 05 20:30 BST (UK) »
You should be able to find his death on 1837online.   Did you check all spellings?  The year may be wrong too.   Try several either side.  Getting the certificate would probably help a lot.  Or you could write to the local office and ask them to look for it.   I cannot find the family in 1901.  There is a Frederick McKenzie but he is only 16.    One of the problems is the number of spellings they might have used!   Very inconsiderate of them.   Local papers?   They might well have reported on an unusual death.  Coroner's reports?
Andrea