Author Topic: Elizabeth Noble/Middlemiss died bef 1865  (Read 3077 times)

Offline stuart robson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Noble/Middlemiss died bef 1865
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 July 15 18:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan
The death entry for Margaret Noble dying in 1856 gives her a son-in law of Andrew Middlemiss and given that she appeared to be staying with Andrew and his wife Elizabeth Noble in 1851 tends to support that.

I'm awaiting the certificates now so this trail  may go cold for a few weeks.

But i have seen that the 1841 and 1851 census show a Margaret Noble living with this family as Mother in Law and in 1841 there is an Agnes Shortreed.  It looks like the mother is 40 at the time of Elizabeth's birth so i am wondering if maybe there was another younger mother of Elizabeth and Margaret raised her as mother.
Robson, Douglas, Redpath, Sandilands, Keppie

Offline Alan of Kaslo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Noble/Middlemiss died bef 1865
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 10 January 21 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello. I was researching some family and i ended up on the same census from 1841 mentioned in this thread. My family name is Middlemiss (mostly from Edrom /Berwickshire) and the person I was looking up was a G-Grandmother named Agnes Bruce who married married a Richard Shortreed Scott. They went on to have Betty Shortreed Scott who married Thomas Middlemiss.

When I looked up Agnes Scott and then Agnes Shortreed I found the 1841 census and saw that the age of 97 made her the same age as my Agnes...plus she was living with an Andrew Middlemiss. that names reoccurs in my family, My Grandfather Thomas had a son Andrew in 16/06/1805 (In Edrom) and that Andrew had a son of the same name born 28/09/1834 at Whitsome /Hilton with a woman named Beatrix Bertram.

I mention all this because I believe there is some kind of a connection between Agnes Shortreed and my Agnes Shortreed Bruce. Also because Andrew Middlemiss could possibly be related. My family was in Berwickshire but I never did find Agnes Bruce birth for certain and so she could very well be from Roxburghshire (also Richard Shortreed Scott could be from there).

Not sure how this Andrew Middlemiss born about approx 1820 and my Uncle Andrew born 1805 (or his son born 1834) could be related. The only birth of an Andrew on SP site I could find was a 1826 from Roxburghshire.

If anyone has any comments or info they could offer it would be greatly appreciated.
Stewart. Scott. Bruce. McPherson. McMurray. McKibbin . McKay. McCann. Mckrinkine. McClewnan. McCallum. Joss. Ross. Morrison. Chapman. Middlemiss. Robinson. Conlon. Duffy. Dalgarno. Crookshank. Gammack. Ramsay. Mutch. Crawford. Orr. Galbraith. Kerr. Fergusson. Campbell.