Author Topic: Emigration of James O'Neill born circa 1850  (Read 4424 times)

Offline Kimberley

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Emigration of James O'Neill born circa 1850
« on: Wednesday 21 July 04 10:27 BST (UK) »
James O'NEILL...maybe it was O'Neil or O'Neille ? was born in Galway Ireland about 1850.
Son of James & Mary O'Neill (nee Walker)

James had the following siblings:
Katherine born 1844
Ellen born 1845
Alice Ellen born 1854

These 3 sisters and his mother emigrated to Australia.

James' name was deleted from final departure certificate in October 1870.He may have got cold feet !!
I am assuming he changed his mind about coming to Australia and embarked for Canada or America at about the same period....maybe he remained in Ireland !

Any suggestions or assistance appreciated.

Note: Variations of spelling of O'Neill accepted !!!!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline leagen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Researching Family from Ireland during potato fam
    • View Profile
Re: Emigration of James O'Neill
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 October 04 06:40 BST (UK) »
There were a lot of Oneill's in Chateaugay, Franklin county, New York from 1840's on.  Lots of info at rootsweb. 
Jenkins-Salmon-Dwyer-Hill-Sargent/ Seargent-Young/ Jung-White-Kinney/ Kenny-Cook-Waterman-O'Neill-McDonald-Shufelt/ Shufeldt-Wilbur/ Wilber-Patterson--Covey-Tisdale-Wells-Dodge-Palmer.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.