Author Topic: Nokia 130 mobile - wallpaper  (Read 7804 times)

Offline Rainbow Quartz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nokia 130 mobile - wallpaper
« on: Monday 27 July 15 19:59 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
We've just bought a Nokia classic 130 mobile to replace a similar model that has seen better days ;). The old phone has a customised wallpaper, but I can't remember how I got it on the phone, and I can't find anything helpful in the manual for the new phone. I've downloaded a wallpaper for the Nokia 130, but don't know how to transfer it to the new phone, as it hasn't got internet access  ???. Any help gratefully received.
Thanks
Mand
Jewell - Devon, Cornwall and Manchester
North - Somerset, Devon, Dorset, Cardiff and Warrington
Rowe - Devon, Dorset
Oliver - Somerset

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Nokia 130 mobile - wallpaper
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 July 15 17:19 BST (UK) »
MIGHT work....1. Select Menu > Settings > Display settings > Wallpaper.
2. Select a wallpaper.

but at a guess you know that already:

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Rainbow Quartz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 July 15 19:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks japeflakes, but the choice is very limited, and Mr Quartz, who the phone is for, is particularly attached to his Manchester United wallpaper  ::). I have downloaded a file from the internet, intended for the Nokia 130, but am not sure how to get it on the phone. Someone suggested bluetooth (apparently the phone has this) but I don't know anything about bluetooth?  ??? I have a usb lead with a phone-type plug at one end and a standard computer-type plug at the other, but all that happens when I join the two is that the phone starts charging from the computer. Oh why is some technology so difficult? (probably just me that's old!!)
Rowe - Devon, Dorset
Oliver - Somerset

Offline BettyofKent

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 July 15 20:18 BST (UK) »
Connect the phone to the computer the way you have already done.
Switch on the phone.
Click, depending on your operating system, My Computer/Computer/This PC. This may be an icon on your desktop, or go to Start.

You should see something saying Nokia, or device, something you haven't seen before.
Click on that & you should be able to side-load from pc to phone...or not ;D

Worth a try anyway :)

Betty
<br/>
KENT:
Stutely - Wittersham & Stone<br />Padgham - Wittersham<br />Wanstall - Northbourne<br />Taylor - Ringwould & Ash<br />Skinner - Deal<br />Bushell - Walmer<br />Spain - Walmer
Also
Schloss - Poland, Nottingham, Massachusetts & New Zealand.
Cohen - Birmingham<br /><br /><br />"Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Online japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 31 July 15 07:57 BST (UK) »
can you put a picture on the memory card and use that but I doubt that will work either.

No picture viewer or camera

THINK you might be stuck with the ones supplied but others will know better...

Offline Rainbow Quartz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 11 August 15 20:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help everyone. We need to get a memory card for the phone to get the personalised wallpaper, so for the moment Mr Quartz has decided to manage without his Man Utd logo!! ::)
Rowe - Devon, Dorset
Oliver - Somerset