Author Topic: Hugh Hughes and Mary (both Hughes?)m. prior to 1770, Nannerch  (Read 3069 times)

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh Hughes and Mary (both Hughes?)m. prior to 1770, Nannerch
« Reply #9 on: Friday 31 July 15 07:41 BST (UK) »
Looking at the form of records alongside that of Sam Hughes,they all seem to give the parents as of the same surname,which is too much of a coincidence for it to be the maiden name of the mother,I think.
Also, you may have misread the record in that the bride is given as".. widow daughter of Edward and Jane Jones..."(similarly Sam(uel) is given as "..widower,son of...")

Regards
Roger

Offline RichStPete

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 31 July 15 14:53 BST (UK) »
How am I misreading them? Other than the second Hughes surname? I don't have access to those records. I am relying on folk from the UK on here who do.
Hughes, Davies, Davison, & Hill in Hawarden, Flintshire, Wales;  Chapman, Hogg, in Tilsonburg, ONT, Canada and Northern Ireland;

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 31 July 15 15:01 BST (UK) »
It doesn't say "....daughter of Edward Edwards and Jane Jones....." it says  "...daughter of Edward and Jane Jones..." I think whoever has relayed the data assumed it was Edward Edwards,because the bride is given as an Edwards,but,I suspect this was her married(now widowed) name,and her maiden name was Jones.Apologies for ascribing the interpretation to you.

Regards
Roger

Offline RichStPete

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 31 July 15 15:23 BST (UK) »
Ahhhh, thank you for clarifying, Roger! Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Rich Hughes
Hughes, Davies, Davison, & Hill in Hawarden, Flintshire, Wales;  Chapman, Hogg, in Tilsonburg, ONT, Canada and Northern Ireland;

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 31 July 15 15:47 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately none of that really helps,because you are left looking for a Mary (maiden name  unknown) as the bride of Hugh,marriage presumably before 1755 as the calculated birth of Samuel.Probably therefore,say 1730-1755,but no guarantee it would be at Nannerch.I will see if I can find anything in Wales Marriage Bonds(online) at The National Library of Wales(NLW).

Regards
Roger