Author Topic: Sudbury St Gregory Marriage 1806 - Mary WOOD  (Read 1163 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Sudbury St Gregory Marriage 1806 - Mary WOOD
« on: Monday 03 August 15 13:18 BST (UK) »
Just wondering if anyone has access to the marriage registers for Sudbury St Gregory please?

There is a marriage of a Mary Wood to an Alfred Clubbe 29 July 1806 according to the Suffolk Marriage Index.  I'd be very interested to know who the witnesses were if at all possible.  She's listed as born Ballingdon on the 1851 Census and various ancestry trees claim she was Mary Ann Woods, in spite of the index saying Mary Wood.  Although her age on the 1851 Census is a year or so out, I'm trying to find out what happened to a Mary Wood baptised 1787 whose family were of Ballingdon at that point and the marriage witnesses may help to confirm one way or the other if she is the one I'm looking for.

I've checked FreeReg and there is nothing on there.

Any help appreciated, just interested in the witnesses and nothing else please. ;D

Nicola
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Sudbury St Gregory Marriage 1806 - Mary WOOD
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 August 15 13:27 BST (UK) »
Taken from Sudbury St Gregory parish register

Alfred Clubb batchelor of the parish and Mary Wood also of the parish were married in this church by banns 29th day of July 1806
He signed his name, she marked X
In the presence of J De____t, Maria Clubb, Mary Frost

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: Sudbury St Gregory Marriage 1806 - Mary WOOD
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 August 15 23:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks annes, nothing obvious from the witnesses but I'll have to have a further look about.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day