Author Topic: Rosa Edna Armstead/Ralph.  (Read 3055 times)

Offline Banks2233

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rosa Edna Armstead/Ralph.
« on: Saturday 22 August 15 13:36 BST (UK) »
My mothers information is difficult to find, Where in Victoria was she born, date is 27/07/1920ish, died 21/07/1985 Caringbah,NSW. Her mothers name was Alice Olive Cunliffe, born abt 1891 (also need date) in Maldon, Victoria, she died 02/11/1969 @ Cronulla,NSW,Australia. Alice's husband was James Ralph B 02/08/1882 Nairn, Scotland D 12/03/1928 Victoria, Australia. My mother was married to an Edwards and had a boy and girl, not sure on date. I know the boy died in 2006, Edwards (father) born 01/06/1917 Carlton, Victoria, He re married in the early 1950's (needing date) and also had a son. My mother re married also in 1955 to an Armstead(where I was born)so that information I have. Hopefully some one can help me with some of the yawning gaps.
Thank you.
Jan.

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Rosa Edna Armstead/Ralph.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 August 15 01:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan
Alice Olive CUNLIFFE born 1891 in Maldon, Victoria
father's name Frank CUNLIFFE
mother's name Rosa HORN

reg 4716

regards,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 August 15 02:03 BST (UK) »
Rosa CUNLIFFE's death notices http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article11792682 in 1943

Death 1943 Rosa CUNLIFFE, father Stephen Ward HORNE, mother Harriet HORNER, at Murrumbeena, Vic age 78 born c 1865 reg 12516

regards
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 August 15 02:22 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Do you have a copy of your Mum's 1985 NSW BDM registration?  It should include details of the marriages and the children (names and then ages) of those marriages.  The accuracy will depend of course on the informant's own knowledge at that time, and as it was a death registration, the informant was likely grieving.

It is past the 30 year restricted access now, so even members of the general public can purchase the record without providing any identification.   It will include the name of the person who provided her family history info to the funeral director who in turn was responsible for the formal registration process. 

The same info as per that real deal certificate would be found on the official transcription.   Official transcriptions are frequently found to be a quicker and cheaper alternative.   

The NSW BDM online index gives #19635 as the reference no. 

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/family-history.aspx

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Banks2233

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 August 15 04:16 BST (UK) »
Hi JM,
     For the most part, I was not privy to past information. I came along in a new marriage and 20 odd years younger than my (step)siblings. I do not have any certificates, but also to order them, the money involved I cannot justify with our current position. My eyes became inquisitive the moment I had to order my birth certificate years ago for a Passport. Edwards was a surname I knew nothing about, and then realising my mothers past was more intriguing, I began the family tree. So I'm still hoping to find my mums place of birth, my grans date of birth, my step siblings dates of births, James Ralph(grandfather) died aged 45, possibly from an accident, his job was a rigger. I'm still not able to afford the prices at the BDM, but wanted to thank you for what you found.
Jam.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 24 August 15 04:24 BST (UK) »
I think for around $20Au or less you can obtain the official transcription of your Mum's dc.  It will have the same information as the real deal certificate.   The NSW BDM appointed these Official Transcribers. They are linked on the NSW BDM website. 

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/family-history.aspx#transcription

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 24 August 15 04:33 BST (UK) »
These are the headings you can expect on the 1985 registration as per NSW BDM website.  The information within each of those headings on the NSW BDM's registry is transcribed by those Official Transcribers.

Full name, sex, age,
date & place of death,
place of residence,
occupation and marital status.

Place of marriage, age when married, full name of spouse.
Children's names and ages.

Where there's more than one marriage, then the information is recorded in columns, and so the children's names and ages are listed under each of the marriages.

Parent's names and mother's maiden name.

Cause of death and duration of last illness.
Burial or cremation date and place.

You also are provided with the name and address of the informant, and his/her relationship to the deceased, and the name/address of the funeral director.   Many Funeral Director firms keep their records (including who organised and who paid for) for 'ever'. 

Cheers,  JM

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 24 August 15 07:50 BST (UK) »
In response to your request regarding Rosa's birth-

RALPH Rosa Edna
Father James
Mother Alice Olive CUNLIFFE
Birth Place MALV E
Year1920
Reg. 23713

Sue

ADDING
Her parents were married the same year

RALPH Jas
CUNLIFFE  Alice Olive
Year 1920
Reg.  3234

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 24 August 15 08:37 BST (UK) »
Death of James RALPH-

RALPH James
Father Ralph George
Mother Isbla  SKINNER
Death Place MELB E
Age 45
Year 1928
Reg  2697

He and his wife are interred together at Springvale.  He buried, she cremated.
You can search here.

http://smct.org.au/deceasedsearch/

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk