Author Topic: out of my comfort zone  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
out of my comfort zone
« on: Saturday 22 August 15 18:03 BST (UK) »
Its silly isn't it but I am not used to searching  in this area and am lost as to towns and counties etc.

BUT

I am attempting to find the deaths of Thomas and Sophia Patrick (OFTEN SPELT Pattrick)

they lived in Chislehurst during their marriage... but moved around the area a little.. she was born in Berkshire and he was born in 1844 (illegitimate I think  - awaiting cert) Lubenham..
She born 1845 Sophia Carrod -

so have births and managed after a lot of difficulty to trace them in the census... cos they seem to separate and she has him dying and re-born... (he he he :))
they married in 1871 in Reading with the surnames PATTRICK and Carrod.
1881 has them in Chislehurst on Whitehouse Hill with 3 children.
1891 they are not together she is in West Southwark with 4 children.
Then I found a Thomas PATRICK of the correct age from Lubenham in a 'Hospital'  ???
So wasn't surprised when Sophia turned up on the 1901 as a WIDOW....at 24 Cooks Rd  Newington St Annes???
with 2 children.
HOWEVER 1911 and good old Thomas is resurrected... :) and they are living with one daughter  at 95 Farmers Road Camberwell New Rd.. S>E

So is it any wonder I cannot find the deaths!!!!  I have sent for the marriage cert to see what that gives me regarding Thomas  (if anything)
Sophia's parents  are James and Susannah from Berkshire he is a Groom.

so where did they die!? or did they beetle off across the seas :)

xin

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: out of my comfort zone
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 August 15 19:36 BST (UK) »
Two possibles as they were in the Camberwell area in 1911

June quarter 1916 Thomas Patrick aged 74. Southwark 1d 126

June quarter 1919 Sophia Patrick aged 75 Lambeth 1d 252
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 August 15 19:52 BST (UK) »
thank you

will have a look :)

xin

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 August 15 21:22 BST (UK) »
Oh dear  - placing this on hold ------  as just realised  I have worked this family under the mothers brothers name.  I knew things were beginning to look familiar... but couldn't fathom ..

Its too complicated to explain and I need to hide away with pen and paper - but due to them all having same family names and born similar year etc... I got a little tangled... oh dear.

quick run down I have Henry 1817 an Charlotte 1819 two of the children of  John Patrick and Mary Noble -- lubenham.
they have families as this:

Mary - Jane - Thomas 1841 - John noble and sarah (Henrys kiddiwinkles :) ) Charlottes are Joseph - Thomas 1844 - Martha - Robert - and Maria -   argh

But  it is the two Thomas 's both born Lubenham that have sent me over the edge  :)  so lets get the cert for the marriage of Thomas and Sophia and see if it gives a Daddy ... will also send for the two birth certs and slowwww down till I can fathom properly :)
all good fun

xin