Author Topic: Passenger Dr Arthur John Rayson, leaving UK  (Read 919 times)

Offline ibbotson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Passenger Dr Arthur John Rayson, leaving UK
« on: Monday 24 August 15 18:20 BST (UK) »
Trying to locate a possible passenger record for Dr Arthur John Rayson, born 1852 Pulham Norfolk leaving the UK after 1919.

Arthur originally left Liverpool for Canada in May 1893 with wife Esther (de Woolfson) & family bound for Canada. His wife died in 1909 in Big Rapids Michigan along with one daughter who are both buried there. All his other children stayed and died in the USA.

Arthur is found on a passenger record leaving Montreal arriving Liverpool on 2 October 1919 with a destination of Norfolk. What I'm trying to establish or locate is did he return to his Children?

Please do not waste your valuable time on any of his children as I have all details for them.

Ibbotson, de Woolfson, Haynes, Chapman, Shoveler

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Passenger leaving UK
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 August 15 18:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Have you seen this death record which is a possibility -

Arthur J Rayson
Birth Date - abt 1853
Date of Registration - Jun 1932
Age at Death - 79
Axminster, Devon
Vol 5b Page 10

JJ

Offline ibbotson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 August 15 19:00 BST (UK) »
Hi

Yes I had seen that, but cannot confirm either way as yet.

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 August 15 10:26 BST (UK) »
I can't find him on any list , either leaving or arriving back in Canada / US. I noticed that he indicates his intended permanent residence as England when he arrives in 1919 so I've been trying to find anything that would link him to the Axminster death. I've let my FindMyPast sub lapse at the moment but found something in the Newspaper results which may be an indicator that he stayed in the Devon area. He wrote to the Western Morning News , Plymouth , and had a letter printed in the edition of 1 Nov 1921. The content , which I cannot view , is probably irrelevant , but it is signed Arthur J Rayson M.D. B.Sc. If the 1932 death is his I am surprised that there doesn't seem to be a will , or at least I can't find one !
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ibbotson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 August 15 11:30 BST (UK) »
The newspaper item look very interesting and something I will try to follow up. I'm also unable to find a will.