Author Topic: George Renwick and his will  (Read 5934 times)

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Renwick and his will
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 29 August 15 13:47 BST (UK) »
I some how thought they were brothers not seeing a marriage for James Renwick to Jane /Jean Anderson ...Noticed one of Williams daughters had a middle name Henderson ? ..Have you tried looking for some burial records for this family ?
Rosie

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 29 August 15 15:53 BST (UK) »
Rosie, You may have hit upon something.  On the death certificate of George Renwick the name of his mother is Jane Anderson, but it hard to read and I wonder if it might be Henderson.  I sent a message to SP and they wrote back that they will recopy the document. 

Further more, I found a marriage document between a John Renwick and Jean Henderson on June 10, 1759 in Wilton, Scotland.  I've found one of their children, a daughter, Jean, born June 16, 1771.  I haven't found the birth dates for either John Renwick or Jean Henderson yet.

I don't know about the burial records.  Where would I find those?  Thank you for your insights.
Bev

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 29 August 15 19:48 BST (UK) »
You could maybe try Jedburgh Border Family History or just google the name and see what comes up ...Hopefully when S P get back to you.. you will find out the correct name .Did you get the birth for George Renwick b 1790 on the old parish records to see if a mother was mention or place ?

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 29 August 15 20:24 BST (UK) »
Yes, I did get a copy of the OPR baptism of George for Sept 19, 1790, but only his father, James Renwick, is mentioned, no mother.  The location mentioned is Middleburn, Hobkirk, Rox.  Is Middleburn a village or farm?

I will try Jedburgh Border Family History site.   Another  question: where would one find the burial records?

Thanks again for your suggestions!
Bev

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 30 August 15 14:12 BST (UK) »
Hi  I think if you maybe contact the Jedburgh Famiky History site they might be able to advise you ..Not sure about Middleburn I would assume it was the name of a farm ? ..I noticed there was a Benjamin Renwick baptised 26/10/1800 Hobkirk father James Renwick which might be another son seeing your George had a son called Benjamin ..Also a Janet Renwick father James think this Benjamin was with her in the 1841/1851 census ..Janet was married to a James Grieve

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 31 August 15 01:52 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I did write an email to Jedburgh Border History so perhaps they'll have some info. 

I looked on Ancestry at Benjamin Renwick of 1800 with a father of James Renwick but a mother isn't named.  George Renwick lived 1790-1867 and his son Benjamin was born 1838 (can't find his death date) so I don't know how the Benjamin you found fits in, but he did live with some Grieves.  The whole thing is so convoluted but I appreciate the help.
Bev

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 31 August 15 07:34 BST (UK) »
Hi it was just a suggestion Benjamin Renwick might have been related ...Hopefully you will get word from the Jedburgh Family History
Rosie

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 31 August 15 18:33 BST (UK) »
I'll post anything I learn either from SP or Jedburgh.  Thank you for your persistence.  You also mentioned the burial records.  Where?

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 02 September 15 17:22 BST (UK) »
I heard back from SP concerning the last name of the mother of my 3x great grandfather, and her name was Jane Anderson not Henderson, as I had hoped.  A dead end, I guess but I'm still hoping to hear from Jedburgh.