Author Topic: John Studholm, Marine store dealer in 1863. Born Parton near whitehaven  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Studholm, Marine store dealer in 1863. Born Parton near whitehaven
« on: Tuesday 25 August 15 18:44 BST (UK) »
I  have just got a letter from Cascat about a request for next of kin of Thomas Baylis of Maryport. It was entered in The London Times of 1853 and the Baylis children were following it up.

The point is they asked John Studholm, who I think is the above one, for a contribution to a solicitors fee to trace the Thomas Baylis. From this I guess that there was money owed by TB to JohnStudholm.
so he had an interest in tracing him. As TB probably had interests in local ships, this makes sense.

I don't think anything came of the search but wondered if anyone has any info about Jn. Studholm.
Cheers, thanks for reading this. Humphpaul 
Paul, Humphrey, Vaughan, Lewis, Williams, Parry, Jones, Fairclough, Howard, Allan, Baylis, Wright, Ritson.
Barmouth, Llangellinin, Liverpool, Maryport Cumberland, Port Glasgow, Nercwys (Nerquis), Mold, Gwysaney, Hope, Doddleston, Higher Kinnerton.

Offline durhamgirl73

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: John Studholm, Marine store dealer in 1863. Born Parton near whitehaven
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 25 August 15 19:40 BST (UK) »
1861 living in parton with wife mary and visitor sarah christopher...occupation marine store dealer...born about 1816

1871 living in preston quarter whitehaven ...occupation coal agent

1881 living in distington...occupation retired ship master

died 8 june 1889 distington

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: John Studholm, Marine store dealer in 1863. Born Parton near whitehaven
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 11:15 BST (UK) »
To Durhamgirl73. Thanks for that info, very useful. I have just gone through the West Cumberland list of shipping but could not find a Studholm in the masters or owners.

The fact he was a coal dealer at one time ties in with the  coal trade to Ireland at that time.

Cheers Humphpaul
Paul, Humphrey, Vaughan, Lewis, Williams, Parry, Jones, Fairclough, Howard, Allan, Baylis, Wright, Ritson.
Barmouth, Llangellinin, Liverpool, Maryport Cumberland, Port Glasgow, Nercwys (Nerquis), Mold, Gwysaney, Hope, Doddleston, Higher Kinnerton.