Author Topic: Fenian Joe Pooles siblings  (Read 20148 times)

Offline Cariboo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fenian Joe Pooles siblings
« Reply #108 on: Friday 23 September 16 00:32 BST (UK) »
OK, .....thank you.  I have Edward Michael Poole in our Poole family...his son and his son's children.  I have communicated with a couple of them. 

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Friday 23 September 16 17:49 BST (UK) »
OK, .....thank you.  I have Edward Michael Poole in our Poole family...his son and his son's children.  I have communicated with a couple of them.
Sent you a Pm.

Offline Cariboo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday 29 May 18 21:55 BST (UK) »
A lot of people have wondered what happened to William Lamie and his wife Sophia Poole.  His full name was Charles William St. Clair Lamie.  He disappeared after the Joe Poole murder trial.  Well some months ago, after a lot of searching, I located him in England and he had changed his name to Fenning.  Sophia's mother's maiden name was Fannin so I think William and Sophia used that with a little change.  In 1891 Sophia Fenning, 36, Wardrobe dealer,  is a widow living at 365 York Road, Wandsworth, Surrey with her children Mary Jane, Frederick, William and Elizabeth.  Charles William Lamie/Fenning died 6 March 1891, 43 years old, a general dealer, of bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma 22 years.  His last attack of pneumonia was 10 days before his death.  Sophia Fenning of 365 York Road was present at his death.  In 1901 Sophia is found living at 59 Doddington Grove, Battersea in the home of her daughter Sarah and her husband, John H. Easton, and their children.  Also in the home is Margaret Fenning, 12, born in Lambeth,  another child of William and Sophia. 

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Sunday 03 June 18 13:25 BST (UK) »
A lot of people have wondered what happened to William Lamie and his wife Sophia Poole.  His full name was Charles William St. Clair Lamie.  He disappeared after the Joe Poole murder trial.  Well some months ago, after a lot of searching, I located him in England and he had changed his name to Fenning.  Sophia's mother's maiden name was Fannin so I think William and Sophia used that with a little change.  In 1891 Sophia Fenning, 36, Wardrobe dealer,  is a widow living at 365 York Road, Wandsworth, Surrey with her children Mary Jane, Frederick, William and Elizabeth.  Charles William Lamie/Fenning died 6 March 1891, 43 years old, a general dealer, of bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma 22 years.  His last attack of pneumonia was 10 days before his death.  Sophia Fenning of 365 York Road was present at his death.  In 1901 Sophia is found living at 59 Doddington Grove, Battersea in the home of her daughter Sarah and her husband, John H. Easton, and their children.  Also in the home is Margaret Fenning, 12, born in Lambeth,  another child of William and Sophia.

Great additional info Cariboo...though after Lamie did not disappear after he gave evidence against Joe Poole in Dublin,  the authorities would again use his inside info  against a group known  The Scottish 'Dynamiters' at their trial in Scotland, I think he also gave evidence against some Fenians in Liverpool..I suppose he would have been one of the first 'Supergrass's'.

Offline Cariboo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Saturday 03 April 21 19:29 BST (UK) »
William Lamie, full name Charles William St. Clair Lamie, along with his wife Sophia(nee Poole) changed their surname to Fenning after Joe's hanging.  In 1891 Sophia is found living in Battersea, Surrey with 4 of her children.  She is a widow.  William Fenning/Lamie had died 6 March 1891 Registered in Wandsworth, Surrey.
Death:6 March 1891, 365 York Road, Wandsworth, Charles William Fenning,  43 years, General Dealer, Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Asthma 22 years.  Last attack of pneumonia 10 days. S. Fenning, widow of deceased present at the death 365 York Road, Wandsworth.
Sophia married John Rowbottom in 1902, Wandsworth and in 1911 they are living at 72 Shillinton Street, Battersea.  Sophia Rowbottom died at the age of 61 in 1918, Wandsworth.

Offline rodgepodge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Monday 04 December 23 17:03 GMT (UK) »
William Lamie, full name Charles William St. Clair Lamie, along with his wife Sophia(nee Poole) changed their surname to Fenning after Joe's hanging.  In 1891 Sophia is found living in Battersea, Surrey with 4 of her children.  She is a widow.  William Fenning/Lamie had died 6 March 1891 Registered in Wandsworth, Surrey.
Death:6 March 1891, 365 York Road, Wandsworth, Charles William Fenning,  43 years, General Dealer, Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Asthma 22 years.  Last attack of pneumonia 10 days. S. Fenning, widow of deceased present at the death 365 York Road, Wandsworth.
Sophia married John Rowbottom in 1902, Wandsworth and in 1911 they are living at 72 Shillinton Street, Battersea.  Sophia Rowbottom died at the age of 61 in 1918, Wandsworth.

One of the sons of Lamie and Sophia Poole was born in Dublin and Named as William St Clair Lamie on  12th March 1883. Sophia Poole's maiden name is given as Fanning
 https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1883/02737/2006429.pdf