Author Topic: cant find a death entry or certificate for Lydia broughton pegg born Liverpool  (Read 3500 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: cant find a death entry or certificate for Lydia broughton pegg born Liverpool
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 30 June 21 23:18 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat

What year was the death

What county

Where did you find it
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Beck337

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: cant find a death entry or certificate for Lydia broughton pegg born Liverpool
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 30 June 21 23:30 BST (UK) »
Additional:

birth date given as 1781, no date on the record but can work that out by the age given as 80.

so the wife of Joseph Pegg the ''Manservant'' according to my tree as it stands, married 1801 as is known.

When I get results for Joseph Pegg I keep getting 1779 Born in Jamaica lol, way too exotic. Unless he was a slave or just the wrong Joseph Pegg...... 

Joseph Broughton Pegg 1803 must be their son.

Anyway I hope to find more on the Lydia B Pegg next. Which is the mystery one I believe.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 30 June 21 23:33 BST (UK) »
Lydia was b 1866 Liverpool & her parents were George Joseph Broughton Pegg & Mary Roberts. 

Lydia died post 1901 so the dates you are researching are not connected to the query of when & where she died
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Beck337

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 30 June 21 23:43 BST (UK) »
I've got that Lydia. But this is her Great grandmother unless I made a crossover error.

G.B.PEGGS father being Joseph Pegg b1803/4, married Lydia Broughton in 1801 in Liverpool.

I have Mary roberts , and a Mary McCrum in my notes. getting overloaded now.lol

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 30 June 21 23:46 BST (UK) »
This post is to establish when and where Lydia Broughton Pegg b 1866 died.  It confuses matters if you start posting info that is unconnected to that query

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 01 July 21 01:44 BST (UK) »
....have found a death for Lydia Broughton.

April 9th
Widow
aged 80
st Andrew, something (cant read it)

Thomas Knowles officiating minister? again hard to read.

I have the image document.

Additional:

birth date given as 1781, no date on the record but can work that out by the age given as 80.

Your Lydia PEGG was still alive in 1851 and living in Vine Street, Liverpool with her grandson George.  She was aged 79 and born in Market Drayton, Shropshire.  This would be her death:

PEGG, LYDIA
Aged 82 
GRO Reference: 1853  S Quarter in LIVERPOOL  Volume 08B  Page 139

Burials at St John's Church, Liverpool

Lydia PEGG, abode Vine Street, buried 16 Jul 1853, aged 82 years.

Debra  :)