Author Topic: Baptism Lookup - BLUNDEN in Hollington for 1793  (Read 5583 times)

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism Lookup - BLUNDEN in Hollington for 1793
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 09:47 BST (UK) »
Baptism for James son of William and Hannah at Storrington 29th Oct 1749.  That fits with the names of the children later.  They also have William in 1744 and Thomas in 1746/7.
There is a possible marriage to Hannah Blinwell at Lancing in 1742 but that is only a guess as a bit out of area.  Not too far though.

Offline sunnylew

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 10:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sillgen,

We seem to be following the trail together, though the Marriage of William and Hannah had me stumped.

Where are you searching for these? Everyone has turned up at the PRTC so far except for Hannah and William's marriage. Is there any more info in the listing, or perhaps a first child Blunden back with Hannah's family in Lancing?
Anything in Hethersett, Norfolk
Buckenham and Variants in Norfolk and Suffolk.
Goodlad in Suffolk.
Palmer in Birmingham

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 14:42 BST (UK) »
Sussex Family History Group have online records for members and you can buy a CD of their pre 1837 marriage index which is usually very comprehensive.  That marriage is the only one for William to a Hannah in the right time frame.

Offline sunnylew

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 03 September 15 07:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sillgen.

I've joined the SFHG and am looking forward to checking through their records as well.

Thanks to everyone. I've already found many wills for the family that I think will put everything together for the family back until the late 17th Century.

As far as I can see they were wheelwrights in Storrington for a couple of generations before William Henry, and before that the family was on Rowdell Estate in Washington nearby.

Time to slow down a little and add some flesh to the bones before I get too excited about the Commonwealth period :)
Goodlad in Suffolk.
Palmer in Birmingham

Offline Gale49

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 07 September 15 05:48 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information as well on William Henry Blunden. Our family is descended from Sarah Smale Blunden, first in Australia and then New Zealand. I am happy to share what I have.
Corder Wells Matthews Minter Jury Spillard Tilling Lusby Blanchard Ivey Williams Clemens

Offline sunnylew

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 07 September 15 06:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Gale,

You must be following the Parkinsons, which is how I came to first get stuck at William Henry Blunden for so long.

I'd love to share. I'll send you a PM. If anyone comes across this thread and is interested in the Bundens or Parkinsons, please message me as well. I'm happy to share whatever I've found.

Cheers,

Lewis
Goodlad in Suffolk.
Palmer in Birmingham