Author Topic: Llangurig look up request 17C - JARMAN / JERMAN  (Read 2101 times)

Offline ChrisJarman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Llangurig look up request 17C - JARMAN / JERMAN
« on: Sunday 30 August 15 08:37 BST (UK) »
Could anyone help with a look up for Llangurig?

I am trying to locate a John Jarman (Jerman) that married a Margaret in the 1670/80s and had at least two children - Elizabeth and Sarah. There may have been more children.

Any record of the marriage and baptisms would help.

The family emigrated to the USA in 1683.

All help greatly appreciated.
Chris Jarman

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: Llangurig look up request 17C - JARMAN / JERMAN
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 August 15 16:59 BST (UK) »
As you may be aware, there are a number of family histories that refer to John Jarman.   According to them he was born 5 Oct 1654 in Nantmel, Radnorshire to parents Arthur Jarman and Audrey Lloyd.   His parents died in Llangurig, so I guess he lived there prior to emigration.   Daughter Margaret Elizabeth was born 9 Sep 1678 and daughter Sarah in 1679.   He married Mary Margaret Churchill 20 Jan 1680 in Llangurig.   Further children were born in Radnor, Pennsylvania.   John Jarman (Sir John Jarman) died 14 Dec 1697

I have not been able to verify any of the above from original records But a lot more information of this sort is available.

Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline ChrisJarman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 August 15 18:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dave,

Yes I have seen a great deal of copied material relating to John Jarman. On my own ancestry tree I have a wide collection of documents from his life in Pennsylvania. There is also the charge (as a Quaker) and fine made against him recorded prior to his departure. I also have noted the will of his mother. All the Pennsylvania records that include it show his origin as Llangurig, Montgomeryshire.

What is missing is any documentary evidence of his birth, marriage, live in Wales and departure to Pennsylvania. All that I have found on other trees is copied dates and remarks including the note of his wife's maiden name as Margaret Goodwyn. I don't have access to Llangurig, Montgomeryshire or Radnorshire records that match.

Any help on real records from Montgomeryshire/Radnorshire birth, baptism, marriage and transporting ship would be very welcome !

Kind regards,
Chris Jarman

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 30 August 15 19:00 BST (UK) »
I regret I'm unable to help as I now live in Spain.

Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline ChrisJarman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 30 August 15 20:06 BST (UK) »
No worries Dave, thanks for the interest though. I'm hoping that there is s0meone out there with access to the Montgomeryshire and Radnorshire parish records, in particular those from Llangurig around 1650-1685 that can help.