Author Topic: Nancy Coulthard of Calvah/Calvo?  (Read 1502 times)

Offline AsH62

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nancy Coulthard of Calvah/Calvo?
« on: Thursday 03 September 15 14:46 BST (UK) »
Hi. My 4 x great grandmother was Nancy Coulthard nee Bell from Calvah/Calvo 1795-1871. She was born in Calvah but baptised in Holme Cultram. Her husband William Coulthard was born in 1790. I have been looking for them in the 1841 census for 4 years and am beginning to wonder if there are missing records. Please does anyone know of any holes in the census returns that could account for this? They may have moved to Wallsend where they lived in 1851 and Nancy was referred to as Ann. She was a widow by then and had four of her children living with her, Thomas, Robert, John and Jane.
I have tried every variation of her name and age and residence but am getting nowhere.
Any help would be great, thanks
Alison

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Nancy Coulthard of Calvah/Calvo?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 September 15 22:24 BST (UK) »
They were in Wallsend in 1841 - here's the reference and they are mistranscribed as Courthad

HO107 Piece 827 Book 2 Folio 35 Page 26
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline AsH62

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nancy Coulthard of Calvah/Calvo?
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 September 15 22:29 BST (UK) »
How on earth did I not find that!  I am so grateful, for whatever reason I haven't been able to pinpoint them and eventually tried lateral thinking and wondered if there were some missing files. I really appreciate it - thank you
Alison