Author Topic: Barnetts of Staunton/ Dixton  (Read 8575 times)

Offline mientajb

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Barnetts of Staunton/ Dixton
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 09 January 18 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi there. I think that we may be able to help you as we seem to be cousins. I come down from Henry's cousin ,
Edward (1822 of Staunton). We can go back to John Barnett born about 1685 who is also your direct line.
Henry, Jane and children emigrated to New Zealand in 1863 aboard the Captain Cook. They landed at Lyttleton in September of that year. The following year they moved to Le Bon's Bay.
If you go onto the Victoria University of Wellington library there is an on-line book called The Cyclopaedia of New Zealand ( Canterbury Provincial District ) section Le Bon's Bay. In this you will find the story of their lives. William built the church at Le Bon's, he was known as Holy Bill. His sister, Emma ( who married Antonio Leonardo , Portuguese ), made the first cheese in Le Bon's Bay.

If I can send you a private message with my email address, then I can send you a link to my family tree. We know of one person in New Zealand who has researched that part of the family in some depth. If you reply to us then we will get in touch with them on your behalf.

Barbara
Bookless,Varty, Collins, Birchall, Nicholson, Corlett, Barnett

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 09 January 18 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Sarah will need to make 2 more posts to be able to use the PM

http://www.rootschat.com/help/profile05.php

Good luvk

Cheers Janette

Offline mientajb

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 09 January 18 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.

Sarah, can you make two more posts and then, hopefully, you will be able to see my private message.

Barbara
Bookless,Varty, Collins, Birchall, Nicholson, Corlett, Barnett